1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding MoBo Fan Controller Warning

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Ducarii, 26 Feb 2004.

1. Ducarii

Ducarii What's a Dremel?

I recently purchased the CoolDrive 4, and it monitors some fans and rpms. On the MoBo there is the processor 3pin fan controller, now the fan was plugged into the MoBo when I got to it. I unplugged it, and plugged it into my CoolDrive, and its all good, i can read the rpm etc. Every-time I start up though the MoBo gives me a warning before anything loads, beeps at an excruciating level, warning me that the cpu fan isn't plugged in, yet it is, and running fine, anyone know how to actually get rid of this, it gives me a shut down, or keep going, y/n option, but I want to get rid of the warning all together.

Thanks in advance.

2. TX297

TX297 Hey guys have you heard of seenly?

Splice the wires, run a set to the CoolDrive and a set to the motherboard?

That's what I would do, unless someone who knows something know different.

</uselesness>
    -TX297

3. Furymouse

Furymouse Like connect 4 in dagger terms

What kind of a mobo is it? My soyo wont start without a fan plugged into the cpufan1 slot on the mobo. Something called ABR, designed to stop your chip from frying should you not have a fan installed on the hs. There should be a jumper to stop this from happening.

4. Ducarii

Ducarii What's a Dremel?

Its a MSI board, yeah there was another plug that could go there, but it was a red/black 3 pin, and I just combined the yellow 3pin plug so making one full 3 pin, maybe I should have put the spar onto the mobo.. to trick it I guess, maybe that would have worked.

Well.. not gonna live with it too long I hope, getting another mobo as money rolls in. Just wondering if there was a quick fix, thanks for the help.

5. coorz

coorz Miffed

I have a MSI as well. You can turn that feature OFF in your BIOS settings. I connected a Panaflo fan with 2-pin connector to the mobo 3-pin CPU fan header.

6. Demalii

Demalii What's a Dremel?

what? :nono:no, read the manual, there's a way to turn the beeping off, you have to push and hold buttons or something i have an aerogate 2 (same thing), just read the manual though heh :rock:

7. Lordkronos666

Lordkronos666 What's a Dremel?

on my abit there is , in the bios menu, an option: 'disable cpu fan warning'

:worried: ;)

8. clocker

clocker Shovel Ready

If you can't figure out how to disable this feature in BIOS all you need to do is splice into the yellow (or white, depending) wire from your fan and hook that to the appropriate pin on the mobo header.
    That way your board will be getting a rpm signal and will shut up...

9. instant rice

instant rice What's a Dremel?

My mobo also has a disable CPU fan warning feature. This is for if you have a water cooling setup or if the rpm indicator is busted.

10. Ducarii

Ducarii What's a Dremel?

well ok, I don't know anything about bios but I guess I'll hop on that manual lol, thanks guys.

11. Uncle Psychosis

Uncle Psychosis Classically Trained

Could you not just plug a random case fan onto the connector?

Cheers

Sam

12. Ducarii

Ducarii What's a Dremel?

lol this topic is like a month old :hehe: I fixed it by the way, just disabled a thing in the bios to detect the fan.