1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Lookin for 12V 1/2"ID pump in UK (& in stock???)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ThE-LyNX, 11 Feb 2004.

1. ThE-LyNX

ThE-LyNX What's a Dremel?

Given up tryin to sort my magnetic field problems with my ehiem 1048 and decided that this may be a better solution.

I like the look of the Swiftech MCP600 pump but cant find it in stock anywhere :-(

Can anyone help ????

TIA

2. ThE-LyNX

Or maybe just a mains pump that aint gonna give me any hassles

3. dudeyourmomiscute!

dudeyourmomiscute! What's a Dremel?

buy a new ehiem.

4. ThE-LyNX

Already tried that one m8 :waah:

I have Danger Den Maze 3 cpu & GPU blocks, a bay res and a 120mm rad all of which is 1/2" id. is it possible to get replacement barbs or whatever to make it all use thinner tubing and get a different pump.

Not looking for amazin cooling just quiet.

5. pauldenton

pauldenton What's a Dremel?

over-clock are the only UK stockists... (but out of stock)

this dutch site stock it and seem to have it - you could try e-mailing them...

this french site are out of stock

you could always import one from the US - these suppliers will export and have it in stock:
    http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/ex-pmp-15.html
    http://www.sidewindercomputers.com./swmcinpu.html
    these may have it in stock (i can't tell from the site)
    http://www.xtwerkz.com/pumps.htm

6. PaulW

PaulW What's a Dremel?

I'm loking at either the SwifTech or the Xice PCP25 Pump, both 12v

The Xice pump is a little more powerful than the SwifTech (900LPH compared to the MCP600 @ 600LPH), consumes 10W power, and comes equiped with a MOLEX plug!

http://www.watercoolingshop.com/cat...d=146&osCsid=acfb1acdacfb641478f01fdb0f9a06ad

Maybe a good, if not better alternative? Not had too much time to research into this pump, but I know I've heard of some problems with the MCP600 just packing up or becoming quite loud due to a design-flaw with the impeller(sp) & something else, but apparently there working on it & will release a re-designed model sometime in the future!

7. 8-BALL

8-BALL Theory would dictate.....

NOT more powerful. It has a higher free flow rating, but the pressure rating is lower than the swiftech.

It depends on the system being used.

If it is restrictive, then the swiftech will yield better flow rates.

8-ball

8. pauldenton

this is the flow chart they show on their site:
    [​IMG]
    looks suspiciously as if it has a very low head :( - this is not good for w/cooling unless in an ultra low flow optimised system - xice's kit is all 1/4" so that would figure....
    mcp600 is 700l peak flow, but 3.2M of head :) - it would outpump the xice through anything more than a few feet of tubing only (no blocks or rads)
    http://www.swiftnets.com/products/mcp600.asp
    [​IMG]
    the revised model is out now...

9. 8-BALL

Actually, the swiftech would definitely outpump the xice pump in a 1/4" setup. Much more restrictive.

8-ball

10. Risky

Risky Modder

Bad idea:
    linky
    I'd certainly recomment the swifttech for 1/2" or 3/8" setups but surely the alphacool is a better bet for more restrictive systems.

Last edited: 12 Feb 2004
  11. Risky

Risky Modder

Interesting, so its really a 24V pump. Now that does give you a bit of headroom, maybe. If one got oneself a 12-24VDC variable PSU could you experiment and find the optimum flow rate for the system?

12. 8-BALL

Apparently they have a built in adaptor pushing 12 up to 24V, though I'm not sure.

Also, Cathar got a Laing D4 another DC pump soon to be stocked by DangerDen, which is rated up to 24V. He tried putting 24V though it and got some very impressive results, but apparently it sounded similar to a 60mm delta screamer.

8-ball

13. Olly

Olly What's a Dremel?

Alternatively, get hold of a 1048 FMJ steel pump jacket, designed specifically to cut down on any EMF emissions problems with the Eheim 1048 (keeps the pump quiet as well !).

I had severe EMF problems with my 1048 (could hardly see the picture on the monitor) and after trying various things, Pug from www.WizD.co.uk suggested I try one (he sells them :D ). It cured the problem completely..... :thumb: :clap: :rock:

Well worth the £20 (or thereabouts).

Olly

14. kryptkeeper

kryptkeeper What's a Dremel?

I don't know how much it'd cost with VAT etc.BUT if you can locate a MCP300 you can get a really good deal on the MCP600. I bought a MCP300 on EBAY for $26 U.S. (came out to $32 after shipping) w/ a Criticool Relay Card. Now this in itself was a pretty good deal. I was talking with someone in thier help dept. about getting 1/2" adapters for it (which turned out to be very expensive).He quoted me a price then said I might want to look into the trade-in program for the MCP 300 for a MCP 600. He said the 600 was ready for 1/2" tubing and that they've had some reliability problems with the 300. .Now I figure that since the 600 retails for around $20.00 more than the $300 did, there had to be some cost associated with it. :idea: I figured I'd check it out though and IF it wasn't too expensive I'd go for it. The adapters were going to be over $10.00 just by themselves, so if the upgrade was$20.00 I'd only really be spending $10.00 more than I would've by sticking with the 300. To be honest I thought they were going to charge more than $20.00. I figured the cost was giong to be at least $40 (afterall look at most computer companies IF they do offer a trade-in or "upgrade" they still charge a good percentage of the original cost). Well I wrote in and two days later I recieved an email with an RMA number and instructions to send in my current MCP300 pump. There was no cost for this! (except of course the shipping cost to send the pump in)...So for a little more legwork, I get the MCP 600 for about HALF the cost! PLUS I getto keep the relay card (maybe for another project). I've seen the MCP300 being sold at some places usually under closeout deals....IF you can find one I'd grab it.
    :thumb:

OK I located a store...SVC.com has them for $54.99 STILL less than the MCP600 though.

Last edited: 18 Feb 2004
  15. Pug

Pug What's a Heatsink?

I'll be getting these in soon -
    [​IMG]
    ap1500, replete with PSU.

Don't know much 'bout it yet tho' but it seems to be switchable from the pic (the little yellow bit looks like a selector of sorts).

[Edit] Oooh. I've just found out that the ap900 I'm running (and the ap700) are adjustable too, according to this snippet. :) -

Last edited: 4 Mar 2004
  16. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Thinkauto sell the Davies-Craig 12V pump, as pictured below:

[​IMG]

£90,-- gets you something roughly comparable to an MCP600. They're quiet, have an 15000hrs. MTBF, and are small. Might be an alternative if you can't get hold of an MCP600?

The in- and outlet are 3/4" OD, but you can tap a 1/2" BSP screw thread in them and screw in some barbs.

17. pauldenton

price appears to be £84.92+vat = £99.78 shipping 6.95 +vat total £107.95....

18. overfloe

overfloe What's a Dremel?

Swifty MCP600 is here!

the wait is over!! :clap: MCP600 at overclock uk :rock:
    and it's Rev 2 :thumb:

/me checks his bank balance :duh: :wallbash:

19. Conrad

Conrad What's a Dremel?

and its well priced too :) i was thinking about a smaller pump and putting all of my gear in my case(pc7) instead of buliding a rad box... hmmm food for thought :D

whats it like for noise compared to the eheim 1250? and excuse the noobness Q but how do you fill/bleed your system if the pump runs of the 12v line without frying your pc first with lack of cooling...

Last edited: 18 Mar 2004
  20. overfloe

overfloe What's a Dremel?

im sure you have a spare HSF lying around :naughty: use aircooling first, then find a loooong 12v connector and attach it to the pump. fill & bleed whilst your pc is on. OK?

Tags: