1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks Home Network!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DeathAwaitsU, 19 Mar 2004.

1. DeathAwaitsU

DeathAwaitsU I'm Back :D

Hey i'm planning on networking my comp when i build my new one so that my sis can have this one downstairs, with all her games on and internet access so she doesnt have to use mine :thumb: i know what i need but their are so many products out now i'm not sure what will be suitable for what i want :confused: The network will be 2 possibly 3 computers and all will need net access which is connected to my computer, so could you tell me what products will be suitable fore this?? Thanx

Death

2. Ardentfrost

Ardentfrost What's a Dremel?

Small routers (4-port) are extremely inexpensive and will allow you to split an internet connection very easily. I suggest looking around locally for a deal on a router and go with that. Depending on what kind of internet you have will depend on what kind of router you want (for instance, if your ISP connects through PPPoE like mine does, your router has to support that, but I think most routers now can handle the different connect types).

Tags: