1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Evil Fluorescent 14w bulb, and its burning out.

Discussion in 'General' started by Pygo, 22 Mar 2004.

1. Pygo

Pygo Rick Relixed

My 14w Fluorescent light burnt out two nights back. It was one of those screw style 14w ones. Was only about a year old. Anyone else have probs with the newer, cheap ones. I think it was about four for 20 bucks (cdn$).
    I will post brand name when I get home. If I can find another one of them that is :rolleyes:

EDIT: I should mention I used it in a ceiling fan, and it does not have any real circulation it the glass sphere.

2. jonesie

jonesie Minimodder

General Discussion just keeps getting more and more surreal :)

3. Pygo

Pygo Rick Relixed

Yeah, I duno were else to put this. Maybe the Electronics...
    Maybe if a mod could move it there if thats were it needs to be :confused: Or werever it belongs, (except the trashed thread list. I'm sure this is useful to some.)
    EDIT: this isn't a repost is it.. I never though somone else may have done something similiar... :worried:

4. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

Is it a lamp or a lightbulb :p

*goes off to dredge up that thread*

5. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

You're not supposed to put florescent bulbs in an enclosed fixture as it will shorted the life of the bulb a LOT. If you really want to use florescent, you need to buy one that is designed for enclosed fixtures.

6. Pygo

Pygo Rick Relixed

ok. Thanks Dad.
    That clears it up now ;)
    hehe.. it got brown mostly all browned. And it smelled bery phunny... well, ok, more like a combo of burned plastic and burnt silicon. :lol:

EDIT: I also put in a nice new 60w, and it be MUCH brighter. and better.

7. Ubermich

Ubermich He did it!

ah HA! So THAT's why the light in my living room is so bloody dark! Stupid POs :grr:

8. The_Sub

The_Sub What's a Dremel?

Yes this has been discussed before. Here .... So to sum it up.. It is a lamp. :D

9. Pygo

Pygo Rick Relixed

But that was like a spam trap, so it doesn't count. And I don't remember my question being asked in there :p
    So in other words, I just wanted my own spam trap :worried: :hehe:

EDIT: Hey, I just noticed that the 60W bulb gets a bunch more brighter after shutting off the 1500w spaceheater in my room. I wonder what kinda stuff it does to my computer.. like making it less stable and all :worried:

10. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

yeap. my 300w torch always goes dim when my ceramic heater kicks on ... but my PSU/APS buffers the surges/browns just fine ...

one of the real apc strips with the motorcycle battery in it ... the swank black office model i think .. got it for like 50 bux on a qvc clearance sale. line conditioner / battery backup ... never run my puter without one anymore. and having a good reliable PSU helps too ...

11. Pygo

Pygo Rick Relixed

Cool. Forgat about my little UPS system. With the AVR (Automatic Volatge Regulator) thing in it. :) I be safe then :clap: