1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics PCI problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Awoken, 23 Mar 2004.

1. Awoken

Awoken Gazing at the stars

Just posing a question for a friend, she's got and eMachine and her little girl got a few games to play on it (nothing demanding just basic kids 3D titles). Trouble is the intel built in graphics can't handle the games so I said I'd take a look. Shes got an IM845GL MATX board with NO AGP!
    Does anyone know if there are any PCI versions/equivalent graphics cards like the ATI 9200 or Geforce 5200?
    I only follow the AGP markets so I've drawn a blank on this front, can anyone help? :confused:

2. xfile69

xfile69 What's a Dremel?

3. wharrad

wharrad Minimodder

Got me a ATI 9000 PCI from www.ebuyer.co.uk to use as a second card - it's not quite 9200 (clearly!!!!), but it's good enough for most games with the settings down running at 1024x680.

Wasn't that expensive either

4. sofreshsoclean

sofreshsoclean What's a Dremel?

i have an emachines :wallbash:..my parents got it for me for christmas. but anyway i just got a Xtasy 9200 256MB PCI card and it works great for what i want to do.

5. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

I'd say the best pci card you can is the gainward 5200... i think it was about £60, but dont trust me on that too far :blush:

6. Awoken

Awoken Gazing at the stars

Cheers guys, we're going to go with the FX5200, its about £45 if you shop around and it'll easily handle the games her daughter plays.

:)

Tags: