1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics Test PSU

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Father-Time, 2 Apr 2004.

1. Father-Time

Father-Time Minimodder

Ok i know how to make a test PSU, the green and the black wire, butand this gonna sound really stupid so i apologise now :blush:

Can the black wire (Pin 13 or 14) be ANY black wire or does it HAVE to be one of those pins (13 or 14)???

Also in my project - i have embedded a 17" TFT, this requires a conventional kettle plug (In England) can i remove this plug and wire it straight to the PSU?? If so how? If someone was kind enough to explain like i am DUMB (Actually i am) that would be great :clap:

Thanks for the help guys.

FT

2. TheAnimus

TheAnimus Banned

Hey

The green wire must simply be pulled low (to ground normally a black wire) to turn on the PSU. So any sink would work.

3. Father-Time

Father-Time Minimodder

Great man, thanks :clap:

FT

4. Munterofamodder

Munterofamodder What's a Dremel?

you can solder the three wires from a stripped kettle lead onto the mains in connector on the psu; make sure you get them on the right connector including the earth and take *EXTRA* special care to insulate the ends and make sure the new wires do not cause an obstruction etc.

5. Father-Time

Father-Time Minimodder

Thanks, i was hoping i could do that, but being less than a novice at the electronics side of modding i didnt know for sure.

:clap: :clap: :clap: