1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dual Optical Mouse from Logitech

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by macroman, 14 Mar 2002.

1. macroman

macroman The One

2. Mat-d-Rat

Mat-d-Rat Drive it to the edge baby

Damn it must be early "The supplied software is the same as supplied with the cordless mouse. " I read this as "The stupid software...." was thinking, that it was odd! You could also argue that 2x800dpi sensors would = 640000 which would be better but if it only uses one at a time then obviously not :)

3. Lord Chuckles

Lord Chuckles What's a Dremel?

about the quivering thing.. my MS explorer does that on my computer.. i dont think its the dual optical sensors. i have yet to find out why.. probally just something with the surface.

4. Mat-d-Rat

Mat-d-Rat Drive it to the edge baby

Missed that bit about the quivering... My MS intellimouse 3 (usb->ps2 converted) does the same every once in a while... I thought it was just my system!

5. RTT

RTT #parp

mine does that when i use it on wood on my desk (ms intelli optical). so i just use paper.

the mouse that was reviewed looks good though, but i have never been a fan of the shape of those things...

6. MadMan

MadMan What's a Dremel?

I use my mouse left-handed. I started doing this so I could map the number pad for movement on games but now I go lefty all the time.

Having said that, finding a good lefty mouse is a PITA. So, just for the heck of it, I tried out some of the 'ergonomic' right-hand mice, and found that they feel good even in lefty mode! I bought one of these Logitech's just for the shape, and I like it better than the previous symmetrical mouse I had been using. In summary: just because it is supposedly designed for righy, does not mean you can't use it lefty!

Oh, and what's up with the lack of mods on this puppy? ;)

7. Tim S

Tim S OG

nice review... but I have to agree with RTT on the shape of these things... I am not 100% sure I would get on with it, but then I spose its a matter of getting used to it... it was the same when I first got my intellimouse explorer. :)

8. macroman

macroman The One

TBO I felt the same way when I first saw it. It felt odd at first but after using it once or twice, going back to the MS mouse felt uncomfortable. "Unsatisfying" somehow. Now other mice just don't feel natural. I also no longer get aches in my hand after hours of use.:)

9. felix the cat

felix the cat Spaceman Spiff

i got one of these, and even though they have an odd shape u get used to it, and a mate of mine who used to swear to the microsoft one said hes gonna get one of these as they are just that much more comfortable....just my 2 cents....:cool:

10. Kyle Gagnet

Kyle Gagnet What's a Dremel?

I have one and love it. I have never noticed it to "quiver." By quiver do you mean when you take your hand off of it, it just kinda moves a little in one direction then stops? If so, my roommate had the same problem with his cheapo logitech optical. We figured that it did that because the cord got bunched up a little on the desk and since the mouse was so light, the cord straightening itself out actually moved the mouse a little.

11. macroman

macroman The One

No the quivering is caused by the sensors being unable to properly "read" or accurately quantisize the surface causing "indecision" as to what the mouse movement is. It only occures when the mouse is stationary. It is dependant on the mouse surface, happens infrequently and most people would never notice it anyway.
    BTW it also happens with the cordless version.

12. RTT

RTT #parp

i'm pretty sure now that the quivering is, or is very much affected by the surface that the mouse is sitting on.

my intellimouse used to quiver quite a bit when I used paper, but since changing to a Ratpad, it hasnt quivered once!

13. Trash Man

Trash Man What's a Dremel?

I have one of these, the only thing is if I want to use (and I do) the 4th button is games I have to uninstall the drivers to get it to work in CS and a few others, but if I want it to work in MOH and a few others it needs the drivers on:sigh:

any ideas?

14. felix the cat

felix the cat Spaceman Spiff

thats the only problem with da logitech....wont work with all da games...

15. Trash Man

Trash Man What's a Dremel?

Well apart from that it is a banging mouse:)

Tags: Add Tags