1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Development Hosting

Discussion in 'Software' started by Eyes in the Dark, 9 Apr 2004.

1. Eyes in the Dark

Eyes in the Dark What's a Dremel?

Well I am soon to put the finishing touches to My web site, and I have got My red hat machine all set up....well kinda....to host My site.

Now I am wondering do I need to purchase a "www" domain or is there another way I can get My site on the net?

something like http://mysite.now ?

2. RTT

RTT #parp

3. Eyes in the Dark

Eyes in the Dark What's a Dremel?

outstanding!!

Thanks much

4. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

Can also be used for your own small home game servers sporting an easy to remember IP address and not a number ;)

for example teamdx.no-ip.com instead of 1231.434.234234.13.5.315.. :hip:

5. TheAnimus

TheAnimus Banned

Talk to your isp,
    most good ISPs are very nice about giving you a static IP, heck most will give u a small IP block for free. Most quality ones will let you set your own reverse lookup, that is not what domain points to the IP, but what domain the IP points too.

Ie, pol, my luv muffin, owns, ownz.me.uk, so he deligated me a sub (pointed it to my IP made an SOA record so i can make my own subs of the sub), i emailed my isp, they took the piss outa me for wanting such a reverse, and then set it. One quick prophigation of TTLs later, and stupid little skripts kiddies on irc now always think i am on a BNC, and threatain to take down my BNC. Kinda funny really.