1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My New Ride (Was It Worth It?)

Discussion in 'General' started by Malvolio, 2 Apr 2004.

1. Pygo

Pygo Rick Relixed

Does a palm pilot count? :lol:
    hey.. a Ti 83 plus has a z80 microprocessor in it. those things ran at a wopping 44 MHz way back when, iirc.

2. kiljoi

kiljoi I *am* a computer king.

I used to play Frogger on mine in Physics class. Then I made a memory-killing loop that I installed on all the other calcs in the class. Simple code.

Program name: Loop

Contents: Run Loop

Like 5 seconds after starting it.... "MEMERY OVERFLOW ERROR"

3. djgizmo

djgizmo 1337 pimp

Oh wow now the bike thread has turned into a thread about making programs for ti83 calculators. Never a dull moment. :D

4. Pygo

Pygo Rick Relixed

<thread hijack>
    If you want I can stick a sexy dice program I made on it. It is a game of two dice. One die has labeled parts of the body on it, ie lips, breast, grown, etc. and the other, actions. ie, lick, bite, rub, etc.
    It shows them kind of spinning too. I think it is about 10k or so. I would have to dig through a bunch of cds I have. Or I might still have it on there. You need either a ti-link or type it up manually to get it onto your calc.
    </thread hijack>

Sorry Malfo, for the thread hijack. BTW, I want to steal your bike. It is sweet. I never said wether it was worth it or not. I think it is :D

5. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Yay, the first thread I've started that was hijacked (to this extent anyway) :clap:. As for bikes and computers, I'm going to custom build a GPS mounting harnes (light weight alu - most likely painted dark red) and throw a half-good GPS unit onto it (talk about expensive bike computer....). And if your wondering, yeah, I know it is worth well more than $400 ;) This thread was no more a way than just to brag, and get some feed back on ways to possably improve my new ride. It's actualy kind of intersting, what with having everybody look up to you because of an object. Every night that I close at work I have to run my bike out of the warehouse and set it by the staff exit doors (the lights in the warehouse are shut off at a set time), and after I set my bike there, I finish up what I was doing, then go up and get changed for the ride home. Well, by the time I get down, everybody working that night (yes, even the store OWNER) is gathered arround my bike admireing it. Hell, I've cought a few people hanging arround my bike in the warehouse, just admireing it. And by a strange side effect, my depression is starting to slowly ebb away (thought it's still there, very much there.....)

6. Pygo

Pygo Rick Relixed

Thats good to hear. Yeah, I know the feeling of having an object that almost brings other people to teers... and I use it as though it were always there.. taking advantage of it.
    But yeah, good to know you are gettin happier :thumb:

7. MadD_b0mBeR

MadD_b0mBeR What's a Dremel?

OMG freaky...

<hijack1> i programmed on my ti85, and i overclocked it :D :hehe: :rock: thats modding!! changed it from a 2 mhz proccie to a 4.5 mhz proccie! Coded a massive RPG in basic on it too. Its since made it round about 3 of the big TI programming websites. Called Dragon Fire, search on Ticalc.org :hip: </hijack1>

<hijack2> yeah, those fans in the background were for the air conditioning units for the computer rooms. It was always like an ice box in there. each of those fans is about 2 foot across :eeek: could MAYBE fit one in the side of your case, just :hehe: </hijack2>

i love my Turner... shes my b*tch. Wouldnt dream on doing what i do on that on any other bike. Regular 20 foot drops and 40 foot jumps :thumb: and im not even going to mention how much it cost, cos u'll all go saying silly things like 'thats more than my car is worth!'... and yes, it IS more than MY car is worth too, a hell of a lot more, but i dont push my car off cliffs... much.

8. warrmr

warrmr What's a Dremel?

MAD why are running a 90 degree connector on your M4 surley thats bending teh cable more than it needs to be as it can come straight out of the caliper and up the seatstays. rather than 2 90 degree bends. a new connectors only £5. and thats nothing considering teh brakes are worth £280.

9. dom_

dom_ --->

just to bring it back on topic....

[​IMG]

my little baby

10. MadD_b0mBeR

MadD_b0mBeR What's a Dremel?

thers a 90° on the rear caliper as its the smoothest way of doing it. even smother now that i have my home-made +20 mount on it and a 185 rotor.

like the MsIsle btw, always liked those frames (appart from the hollow sounds when u chain-slap!)

11. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

Wow, I can't imagine spending over $400 on a bike. I don't ride my bike. I prefer cars :D. But then again, other people would call me crazy for spending $400 on an iPod :p.