1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding LCDHype

Discussion in 'Modding' started by nosmo, 19 Apr 2004.

1. nosmo

nosmo What's a Dremel?

Anyone use this software ?
    Just wondering if its any good and how easy and customisable it is.
    Theres a bit of info on the website http://www.lcdhype.de.vu/ but not that much.
    Also looking for some more screenshots of what it can do other than those on the main site.

2. nosmo

nosmo What's a Dremel?

Hup

3. JohnH

JohnH What's a Dremel?

I have been using it for a few weeks and now would not use any other software.

It has a powerful script language that allows users to do most things that they might want to do. As an example I have three systems for which I wanted to display Motherboard Monitor stats (temps, fan speeds volts etc) but only one graphic display. I have used LCDHype together with a VB app (that I have written) to display the information for all systems on one LCD (the VB app utilises LCDHype's TCP/IP capability to to receive MBM info from the disparate systems to the 'central server' running LCDHype). On each client system the solution uses less than 1% of the CPU and on the 'central server' between 2 an 12% of the CPU.

The guys that run the LCDHype board at www.lcdhype.de.vu are very good at answering questions so I would advise you to give it a try. It helps if you read German ( I don't) but there is an English section.

The 'basic' system runs on most grahic controller based systems as well as the well known HD44780 charater based displays and at least one USB based display. I have used it with T6963c and HD61830/LC8971 displays without problem.

If I can help in any way just mail me.

Good luck,

JohnH

4. nosmo

nosmo What's a Dremel?

:clap: thats the best news I ever heard.

Back to fleabay I go :D

5. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

hmm, just played about with this software on my 240x128 graphic baby, and i gotta say the results (using randoms punters pre written scripts) look really good.

gonna have to have a wee go at writing my own when i have the time.