1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows my RANT about farcry

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by orb, 26 Mar 2004.

1. djgizmo

djgizmo 1337 pimp

Broken, there's a couple of them in the jungle. Creepy place to go, but i just drew them out onto the beach and let em have it with the pancor. After you've killed those, you can kill some guys in a boat and take the boat round the coast. Then there's was some very long parts where i only killed ~2 monsters. I just ran em over with my humvee and ignored em. Currently I haven't shot a monster since i was in the jungle where you're starting in right now.
    When you get the cryvision it's really amazing to walk around in the jungle and know exactly where every enemy is, and sniping at night using the binocs to locate the enemies. :thumb: The mp5 is a totally uber night weapon.

2. crayfish

crayfish Amazing scenes!

Didn't you read any reviews or look at screenshots or anything? Then you would've seen the monsters before you bougt it. There's no excuse
    :nono:

3. orb

orb satisfying.

Most of the ss dont show monsters.

4. crayfish

crayfish Amazing scenes!

Well, I've seen shots with monsters in them. Nevermind.

Is it a good game?

5. orb

orb satisfying.

Actully, whenthe monsters are attacking the other guys, its funny as hell, :rock: , but actully, when they attack you at 1am in the morning when you have no heating and its pitch black, its just as funny as scary :rock: , im actully starting to like the game, the scariness and the lighing is good.

6. j`w0n

j`w0n What's a Dremel?

You think Far Cry is scary, try playing Nosferatu.

7. djgizmo

djgizmo 1337 pimp

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I just got through a very long monsterless stretch and now i'm going through a lot of close quarters fighting with monsters... I play in a dark room with the volume turned up and surround sound. The flickering low light conditions and lighting effects really add to the suspense... Crawling through dark ventilation ducts with monsters in em... Open door, monster leaps at me, i spray the entire clip in its face with the pancor and nearly s*** my pants. :worried: I'm in a pretty creepy place atm.
    Edit: note i have my flashlight on in those screenshots. Without it, it'd be a whole lot darker. It's a lot less scary when you have the cryvision activated though.

8. orb

orb satisfying.

Im digging the cryvision, helped me with real people. atm im stuck again, ill try and beat it today tho

9. A TIN OF RAF

A TIN OF RAF What's a Dremel?

I agree a little with the monster issue. Im all for games that keep as much realism as possible in the gameplay and was a little dissapointed to encounter mutants in the later stages. I thing the whole idea of a secret organization developing monsters is an old storyline used by many classics (we all love resident evil). the graphics and gameplay cannot be faulted but the storyline couls have been a bit more original. :idea:

10. curme

curme Minimodder

I finished the game, but I hated the ending! This isn't a spoiler, but a the end you fight many, many, tough (impossible) monster bosses. The game had a good balance of difficultly, and a nice balance between the real and surreal. But that last level, I had to use god-mode to get through it, and that's the first time I ever had to that. It reminded me of some old-school Doom or Quake.

11. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

Wait so what do you actually do in this game.

I played the demo and it was great, the graphics and all but all it seems like from you guys , comments and stuff is that it's just killing peopple and monsters on this island, or do you get to go to another island and do other stuff. :eyebrow:

12. J453

J453 What's a Dremel?

lol, scared of monstors are we? cmon, they are like big apes, with big teeth.....and claws..... :worried:

em, well, AVP2 wasnt scary to me but well i dono, the graphics and the extra speakers do make the game scary..... but, i got it for free so im no complaining.

just go play some UT2004 to shake off the scaredness, although Virgin game me a copy without the cdkey :wallbash:

i LOVE monsters! woo!

13. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

EDIT : eh ?? sorry double posted

Last edited: 21 Apr 2004
  14. JoKeR

JoKeR What's a Dremel?

What can i say i luv it :rock:

we've all built, tweeked and overclocked our pc's ready for the new generation of games........now we see the new standard that all game maker's have to start from just to get our attention :thumb:

great game all round, wets the appetite ready for the big guns HL2 & D3 :hip:

15. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

I believe it is "whets" not "wets".

Don't criticise others for what you yourself fail at.

*n

Last edited by a moderator: 30 Apr 2004
  16. Pygo

Pygo Rick Relixed

Hehe, funny/evil penski. I would have done the same I suppose :hehe:

But yeah, I found it quite disappointing when it turned into a sci-fi type game. Well sort of, more like hl I guess.

ou7blaze, it be like Half-Life. Except that I find that I do much better hiding in bushes and stuff. I am at the part were I come out of the building, and there are the tree forts. I got killed from behind from at least one creature. Turned around and saw one. Started shooting him. then got killed instantly. That little bugger didn't even move. I know it wasn't mercs, as they weren't anywhere near.

Oh, and I beleive that the period goes inside the quote. I learned that from english 12. hehe, sorry, don't mean to be an arse. ok ok... I do :hehe:

17. EraseD

EraseD What's a Dremel?

ahhh yet another game a compeleted today, well tbh i really enjoyed the monsters, because for the first time in several years a computer game has scared me enought to make me sit up in my chair and scream obsenities at my monitor whilst empty a clip into the face of a monster who almost gave me a heart attack... but as a whole the game is worth the buy just for the physics and graphics engine which is going to be long unrivalled until Halflife 2... good game, a lot more developers should be creating these kinds of games with this kind of atmosphere and graphics...

9 / 10

18. [WD]Logan

[WD]Logan What's a Dremel?

Yeh totally agree this game is awesome,has everything for me but when those monsters first came onto the scene I was very dissapointed and told ppl it had much spoilt the game for me but man how I was wrong.Heres my first thoughts:-
    http://dogsofwar.djterminator.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=763
    read down for farcry review.I can now cope with the monsters who tbh are also very hard to kill so no wonder why everyone hates them,LoL.Last game I enjoyed this much was Call of Duty and I have been waiting for Farcry and it doesnt dissapoint,with those lovely graphics it makes the most colourfull FPS game ive ever seen with great action both fearsome and stealthy.Now comes the worst bit and why im posting,I am totally STUCK on the last level.I say its the last level cos im infected with the mutant stuff and im after Doyle to get the juice from him to sort out both me and Val then kill him.I cannot do it for the life of me and have sort help on net and it seems it is the last level and many ppl are stuck on it too and tbh the only ones that seem to have done it are the guys that have used cheats,I cannot use cheats after enjoying this game all the way through and have to CHEAT at very end, its a great game, cant cheat on it and spoil a class time ive had playing it over last week or so but its so so hard and I dont know how the hell I am going to do it.I have got to the other side by this method.Soon as second doors open duck down and snipe the three jumping machine gun freaks,theres 2 on right and one on left,then run for it and dodge the rockets and try get few shots in if you can.Try activate the power to lift then more so TRY TO GET OUT,LoL.This is as far as I can get and man its annoying,if anyones now got any better stratedgies plz let me know.
    Regards Gabe

19. [WD]Logan

Ah I think im onto a better stratedy or at least I think I am thats if I can kill all the trigents from the platform but ive killed 3 big ass trigent monsters with rocket launchers right at the door where you come out by timing my shotgun blasts to their faces and getting it right so that you can empty 10 cartridges into his face without him getting one shot off,its hard but can be done as ive just done three on the run and still had half health then got killed by a stray jumper!!Or maybe was rockets crashing into nearby I dunno but im dead anyway and im gonna keep to that method for the time being as all else has failed for me.
    Gabe

20. [WD]Logan

Ok,second doors open and you gotta be lying down with sniper and you snipe the two machine gun trigents on the left then stand up.You then have to pump 10 shotguns blasts sequentially into the rocket lauching f***ing big ass mutants badboys faces and theres 3 of them that come to you from the right.One you have done these 3 you then snipe the other machine gun trigent over on the right buildings then you make your run for it my m8s and good luck,Ive just got there and you got a bit of cover then but watch by the lift foot itself!Also be sure to grab the health by the elevator power switch!!As if you would like but........,LoL.
    Regards Gabe

Last edited: 3 May 2004
Tags: