1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Software for 3d rendering...

Discussion in 'Modding' started by my58vw, 26 Apr 2004.

1. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

Hello bit-tech.

I am a user of sketchup and autocad and I am looking to get into 3d modeling, as people like zapwizard use on the projects. Some of the software apps I have looiked at include lightwave and maya. The only thing is the software needs to be mac and pc compatable, mainly mac so it can run on my G5 powermac... (no mac vs pc comments), I do builda nd work on pcs too. What is everyone using, like? Using these software apps have a large learning curve and I do not want to put a huge amount of time and money in a solution that is not going to work well.

Ideas?

(I :search: function and did not find anything on this, if there is can you send a link my way?)

2. Jim_Mcneat

Jim_Mcneat What's a Dremel?

Cinema 4d. www.maxon.net

Best interface i've ever used, extremely powerful, mac and PC compatible, a HUGE bargain compared to other programs, ($1900 compared to $6-8000), the SLA procedural shaders are incredible, and the Studio XL (the 1900$ one) has a bunch of great plugins + NET render (distributed rendering over a network). If you can still qualify for one, there's also a very nice (up to 85%) educational discount.

I found this while taking a 3d modeling class at school once, we used a bunch of programs, but C4D was the one I ended up liking the most.