1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Original Transformers,and toys,collectibles

Discussion in 'General' started by hypocrisy86, 28 Apr 2004.

1. hypocrisy86

hypocrisy86 Banned

I liked to say the original was the best out of the new ones
    the animation was more anime like then..
    and now hasbro is messing up the figures..
    my bro who is turning 28 had almost all the generation 1 figures, untill they got rid of em, bad move.. cus an optimus prime is more than 100$ new.
    my Dragonball z SS2 broly in green card is worth almost 100$ off by 5 bux..
    damn comic stores wont take stuff thats worth more than they can give.. said id be better off putting mine in stands.. heh.. i might just do that..
    my favorite thing to do is to collect, shoes, computer games, hotwheels. i got over 250 hot wheels in packages including my 8 100% hot wheels that are 8$ a piece..i also have alot of muscle machines and johhny lightnings,
    ive been collecting since 2001..and im doing a good job, cus it keeps me happy..not many things keep me happy,and i dont got friends oh well..
    collecting is always good cus the item goes up in price, depending on what you collect....some of my DBZ figures (opened ones) when down in price even if they werent opened.. if you collect anything reply :D

2. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

as sad as it is i collected pokemon cards (1st gen)

the first pack i baught had a foil charrizard in it: i took it back to the comic store and sold the card for $35, last i checked the card was worth $500us. This was 4-5 years ago

Now I collect orrigional GI-JOE figures and unopened NES games; I have a very impressive colection of both of these items

3. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I've started collecting the DVD's for Transformers (I bought the first season boxset for my brother, and got hooked myself). Also bought the re-releases of the original toys (Powermaster Prime, Starscream and Jazz so far, still looking for the others).

4. skeletor121

skeletor121 What's a Dremel?

when you say original GI Joes, are they the super tall ones (like 6" or so)? My uncle gave me a couple a few years back and I left those, along with my original He-man collection, in my parents basement.

5. Autobot

Autobot What's a Dremel?

While I am fond of the old G1 transformers, I do like the new ones as well. The new 20th anniversary Optimus Prime is just awesome. Diecast metal construction, super-high detail, accurate robot and vehicular mode. Its just plain awesome. The Alternators line is also quite interesting. Smokescreen is now a WRC class Subaru WRX, Sideswipe is a 2004 Dodge Viper R/T, Hound is a 2004 Jeep Wrangler, Tracks is a 2004 Chevy Corvette z06, Sunstreaker is a 2005 Dodge Viuper GTS-R. There is even a new one that will be a 2004 Mazda RX-8, but it has yet to be named. All the new stuff is quite awesome in both detail, looks and playability. :D