1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding can anyone anodise?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by lukemm, 7 May 2004.

1. lukemm

lukemm What's a Dremel?

i need some small bits of metal anodised to black. painting or powdercoating wont give the effect im after.

does anyone have the knowhow, or know someone that can do it cheaply?

2. taliban_raider

taliban_raider Just some guy; you know

Well annodizing is suprisingly easy on a small scale. If this "metal" is aluminium or magnesium(i think) you are in business (I dont think any other metals can be annodized) If you want to annodize anything big i would forget about doing it myself, but little things like say half the size of a side panel of a pc is easy. I have just recently annodized, last saturday and it took me and my mate a whole day, having never done it before. The materials cost us like $40 but we could have done alot of things have we of had the time. You should be able ot find a decent guide just google it, if not I can retype and post the article out of the magazine I used. (are their any legal issues here? :worried: ) Yea like I said it can easily be done at home, and still get a profesional finish.

3. fallenSaint

fallenSaint What's a Dremel?

4. lukemm

lukemm What's a Dremel?

read the review...which i had read somewhere else word for word before.

what im trying to anodize is actually not for my computer :jawdrop:

im trying to anodize this

[​IMG]

Its so you can mount a rear disc brake onto a frame without the correct mounts. But it looks nasty!! so i was going to anodise it black to match the rest of my bike and try and give it a stealth look.

First off i need to know if its going to fit my bike :S

5. fallenSaint

fallenSaint What's a Dremel?

Should be simple enough to do if you got the equipment and space needed. It does look like it would look pretty sweet black.