1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Chieftec Side Panel - No Window

Discussion in 'Modding' started by blackflag, 14 May 2004.

1. blackflag

blackflag I Kill Dremels

Does anyone know where in the US I can purchase a full tower Chieftec side panel meeting 2 criteria:

(1) It does not have a window
    (2) It does not have a handle

If looking at the front of the PC, this panel would be the one on the right side.

Thanks....

2. Kckazdude

Kckazdude What's a Dremel?

The Chieftec/Antec design all have that horrid handle in them. Am working on eliminating mine as part of a case mod now. The best place to get a solid Cheiftec panel is Directron. Althought it has the handle. Your only other option is to fab one up yourself.

3. Hindaine

Hindaine What's a Dremel?

Wait... Right side, looking at the bezel? that panel shouldnt have a window OR a handle, as thats the motherboard side :eyebrow: Unless im mistakenly looking at the chieftec sitting on my table that im working on wrong

4. blackflag

blackflag I Kill Dremels

Yes, as I stated,

"(1) It does not have a window
    (2) It does not have a handle"

This is the motherboard side. I want to find some place that sells these panels. Directron only has the handled ones...

5. Crazy_Seb

Crazy_Seb What's a Dremel?

So that would be the left side. ;) :thumb:

6. mcshaggy

mcshaggy What's a Dremel?

the left and right panels are interchangable, so just get a right panel and use it on the left... or are you looking to replace the right side panel? at any rate, whether you want it for the left or right side doesnt matter. just look for one on ebay or something, or go to a local computer shop. ask them if they have any of the cases that were damaged in shipping, they may give you a deal on one (i got my cheiftec cheap because it was dropped, the bezel was dead)

7. Dezjay

Dezjay What's a Dremel?

2 bad you live in the usa.. i work in a shop in holland and have a few spare sidepanels from cases that have been mod and sold..

with out the orginal panels..

I should email chieftec to asked if they want to send you wano

8. blackflag

blackflag I Kill Dremels

I'm looking to remove the handled panel and replace it with a smooth panel with no perforations/windows/grilles, etc... to have plain panels on both sides.