1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nick Berg Beheading: Your Thoughts

Discussion in 'Serious' started by czechmodder, 12 May 2004.

1. X-Treme

X-Treme What's a Dremel?

I think you need to learn how to read right before you post. I said MAYBE IF I never said go and watch it. It is my choice to see what I want and I made the choice to see the actual video. You think its not that bad, but IF you watched it YOU MAYBE MIGHT feel a little differently on this than posting about it not having seen the actual video. Im not saying anyone out there has to see the video, and if you don't want to then you certainly don't have to, its for sure extremely disturbing, violent, gruesome, and wrong. Out of ALL the twisted videos I have seen on the net this is by far the sickest one. The video is NOT for the faint of heart. I will admit I haven't totally respected your opinions and posts, but you haven't for mine either, and that doesn't make you any better than me on that subject. So why don't we all have a unbiased convo about this matter instead of saying I wanan kill all iraqis or lets all get along, and be realistic on this. We are being to narrowminded about this, and that includes myself. Like I said you don't have to see the video by any means, and you can picture what it was like, but I don't really recommend it.......

2. penski

penski BodMod

That was dubbed.

Notice the lack of blood?

Anyone who has seen the vid of Chechnyan rebls killing a Russian officer will be able to tell you that there is a LOT of blood invloved...And the officer in question was writhing around until the very last bit of his neck was severed.

I maintain that whomever has their head removed in the Nick Berg video was dead beforehand.

*n

3. X-Treme

X-Treme What's a Dremel?

I will admit after seeing it I did notice the lack of blood, I mean I figure if your head is being slowly sawed off then off course theres going to be pools of blood and crap. Then again the quality of the video wasn't the best and the saw used was hard to see if there was any blood on it, and the ground was very grainy like like you wouldn't be able to see the blood on it. You could however at the end when the terrorist is holding up bergs head if you look at the bottom you can see veins and crap hanging out from under it and it is bloody so I think it wasn't dubbed just the quality of the video sucksl.

4. Uncle Psychosis

Uncle Psychosis Classically Trained

And maybe you need to practice what you preach?

No, I wouldn't. If you bother to read the thread you'll notice that everyone has condemned what happened to Nick Berg.

You only have to respect someone's opinion if they give you reason to. Behaving like the school bully is not something I find worthy of respect.

Well, we were managing just fine before...

Sam

5. jonesie

jonesie Minimodder

I think it's only natural and human to be outraged at something like this, althouh personally i didn't go quite as far as to inflict the same treatment as revenge.

However I then went on to feel more of an idiot for being naive anough to assume this kind of stuff doesn't happen any more. Something of this standard probably happens daily around the world; we just don't hear about it.

I then went on to think about what I could do about it. I'll admit I'm not selfless enough to drop everything and go out and tackle this head-on. I also feel we on the street don't know enough to make big, political decisions. We don't have the raw data, so to speak. However what we can do is try to be more tolerant, understanding etc, and promote the same in others, so these violent exhibitions are less necessary. Small chunks, small changes, but change nonetheless.

It annoys me when I see film of soldiers in iraq, humiliating the locals with this vietnamesque 'us against the towelheads' attitude. They were not enlisted in quite the same way, should be trained proffesionals with the professional attitude you'd expect of others with the same control over life and death.. but that doesn't seem to happen. I'll admit many are reservists (and I hate to say it, but I'm mainly thinking of American troops here) with no battle experience, and are probably hiding behind the bravado. But is that not a comment about military funding in the US? Lots of hardware but noone good enough to get the best from it?

Am I missing something? Just my opinion.

6. X-Treme

X-Treme What's a Dremel?

Yeah i've calmed down. Im actually a extremely nice, caring, sweet and funny person believe it or not once you get to know me. I actually found out about this from reading this thread and then searched to find the video and that made me even more upset. Im sorry for the threats, I was acting weird. Anyway, there are things right and wrong about the war in iraq. Many sick things have come from it like the Nick Berg beheading. We are animals and when you come onto my land and harm my people don't expect no fights don't expect no fights. I think the biggest war we have is with ourselves and the mini wars we create with them. Eh, isn't Earth so nice?

7. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

I didn't find it traumatising at all.

8. X-Treme

X-Treme What's a Dremel?

Really?

9. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

I've watched it several times now to try and see if he was dead or not.

First of all, the fact that he doesn't struggle at all could show that he was indeed dead like you say. I am pretty sure that no matter how many guns you have pointed at you, if someone starts cutting your head off you would squirm & struggle as much as you possible can.

The point you made about the blood though, true the video quality is really poor (another reason why I don't understand why most people say it's so disturbing etc etc) but you can notice a large pool of blood on the floor near the end when the terrorist was near the end of removing the head.

I am now undecided as to wether he was dead before or not.
    I guess I'm 65% that he was dead before hand.

EDIT : scrap that thought, there are 3 people that you can see in the frame pinning him down. I maintain my original view that he was alive.

10. hacker 8991

hacker 8991 What's a Dremel?

I have not seen the video, nor do I intend to.

I do, however, believe that it is a hoax. But wait! Before you roast me for making a statement on something that I have not seen, many people have noticed the lack of blood. There are some pictures on Ogrish of a decapition, and the blood is clearly squirting several feet into the air.

The cahir thing isn't that important to me, but the similar locations make it even more fishy. Also, the look of the terrorists is Western, almost to a point of being Halloween-ish.

My .02

- tf

11. X-Treme

X-Treme What's a Dremel?

Ahem, read this . Whats your thoughts now? That article has some really good points on why the video may be fake, the blood thing is 50/50. See i saw a pool of blood just come out on the floor during the video and the crappy video quality and teh color of the ground kinda hides it, also if you look close enough you'll see motion on the floor (hence the pool of blood pouring out), but you never know, you know. It might as well could be fake, and if it is i won't be surprised, but one thing for sure is that fake or not, that video is feeked up. :D

EDIT!!!: After some quick close inspection at the pic of Nick Berg's face from the beheading video you can see his eyes are CLOSED! And his mouth is kinda open! Either the mofo was long dead or the video is a "L-Square Weeny".

12. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

Hmm, it does make a few very good points.
    However it is wrong in a few things aswell.

Unfortunately my PC is inside a container at the moment, along with all my data so there's no way for me to view this again.

I also had 2 different videos, one of them although only showing a second or so of the actual beheading looked quite different to the one that report is about.

Wether it is a fake or not I don't know, but is it really a good idea to go around making videos of such things, it will only give real terrorists ideas IMO.

13. quack

quack Minimodder

The pool of blood that may or may not be visible is hardly a sign of whether the guy was dead or alive before they started. Either way there will be blood.

The point is, that if he was alive when they started hacking his head off, you'd see blood SPURTING out rapidly as the heart beats. Even with the poor quality of the video you can't see a huge spray ejecting from the neck wound.

I have seen the Chechen video that penski was referring to, and that was a lot more graphic and traumatising than the Berg video imho. I doubt Berg was alive when they started cutting his head off, whoever they happen to be.

One thing that amazes me though is the big deal people have made out of the chair Berg is sitting on... I've read more than once people saying: "OMG it's the same as the one at Abu Ghraib", to me it looks nothing more than a simple plastic garden chair - I've got some outside that look just like it. Does this mean I had some guy beheaded in my back garden?

14. Uncle Psychosis

Hmm...

In my opinion, it doesn't really matter much whether the video was faked or not.

Its a sorry state of affairs when the death of one man overshadows the death of thousands.

Sam

15. quack

quack Minimodder

Good point.

Has everyone just suddenly forgotten the number of people left dead by either side?

16. hacker 8991

hacker 8991 What's a Dremel?

Exactly. This is what it should look like:
    link removed and your account banned

17. Uncle Psychosis

Someone hasn't read the thread, have they? I'm sure RTT promised a ban to the 1st person to post a link to the video...

Actually, I'm not sure which vid you're linking too, but given that the Chechen one is meant to be worse, I still don't think they're going to like it very much :)

Sam

18. quack

quack Minimodder

Probably the Chechen video. I'm at work so I'm not going to click on any nasty links :)

19. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

It's a link to the NB Video, and it's cut to only show the part of the actual beheading. (skips all the talking bit)

And you can't post links like that here, no matter how many warnings you post before hand. :nono:

20. Uncle Psychosis

Blimey...I didnt think they were being serious with the bannage!

Mind you, maybe now we might have an upsurge in people actually reading threads :)

Sam

Last edited: 19 May 2004