1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disaster Monitor+Stairs+video camera =fun

Discussion in 'Modding' started by fuzzygoblin, 6 Mar 2004.

1. flamingboard

flamingboard What's a Dremel?

Last edited: 8 May 2004
  2. N4N01D

N4N01D What's a Dremel?

i dropped a brand new monitor down stairs in work (handles on the box ripped)... was quite supprised when it was unboxed and started up that it still worked :D

3. SMOVE

SMOVE What's a Dremel?

Old AT PC meets 10KG hammer :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Did it with some of my friends years ago ;)

4. Pygo

Pygo Rick Relixed

Hey.. that was a Pentium class computer... and a Maxtor hdd... pls tell me it didn't work before you did that to it... I know a bunch of people that need a new computer, and that that one would have been an improvement.

5. SMOVE

SMOVE What's a Dremel?

Well the hardware was: Pentium 75MHZ, NoName MB, 4MB RAM, ELSA WINNER 1000 TRIO, Soundcard with Vibra 16 Chip, 230MB Maxtor HDD, 8x Mitsumi CD-ROM, 1,44MB Sony Floppy, Midi Tower AT

All except the Maxtor HDD and the CD-ROm did work, but I don't needed the rest, because I owned tons of such hardware, so me and my friends thought it would be fun to destroy one complete computer so we could take our revenge for all those damn bluescreens we got :D

And we destroyed it in 2001 or 2002, I don't know... so at this time you could by such a "high end" :hehe: pc for just 10€ at ebay ;)

6. Pygo

Pygo Rick Relixed

In 2000/2001 before my parents got me a new computer, I bought a 486 dx 33 with 4 megs of ram, a 320 meg hdd. 1 meg video card. 15" screen, keyboard and 2 button mouse. I also had a dot matrix printer from the 186 I bought had previous. It had both a 1.44 meg 3.5" floppy, and a 1.2 meg 5 1/4" floppy. I then got a 36x cdrom for it. It came with dos 6.1 and win3.1. I then got a 105 meg hdd with dos 6.22, and upgraded to win3.11. Then I got win 95 on it from my dad. and then upgraded the hdd to a 540 meg after the 320 meg dies. then, I dropped the processor down some stairs while looking for a dust rag. So, I bought a dx 2 66 for about 40 bucks early 2k1...
    So, what am I saying??? well, I HATE YOU... :grr:
    j/k I don't meen that at all. I was very satisfied with the p4 1.5 soon to come after that.

7. SMOVE

SMOVE What's a Dremel?

Hey, why didn't you buy a Pentium System, they were very cheap at this time :eyebrow:

8. PsychoI3oy

PsychoI3oy Minimodder

9. SMOVE

SMOVE What's a Dremel?

Hmm, we just destroyed an old, not working Pentium computer which you can buy everywhere for now 1€..., I don't know, what is gangsta like on this :eyebrow:

10. Pygo

Pygo Rick Relixed

Money, and I was more of a computer nube, so ebay was oblivious to me. The cheapest I could find in a buy and sell was about 150 obo. I occasionally found a p 75 or so for free, but was always gone when I called.
    but meh... I have like four p 133 to p233, and then a k62 333@350 a duron 800 and a p3 600 a p4 1.5GHz, and my main rig is a P4 2.4c@3.3 w/ a gig of dual channel Corsair. I am also thinking about getting an athlon xp 2500+ laptop and stickin linux on it for typing in uni.

11. flamingboard

flamingboard What's a Dremel?

its only from the coolest movie ever. OFFICE SPACE!!!

12. koodi

koodi What's a Dremel?

Let's rent a airplane, get the exact cordinates for a empty parkinglot drop the monitor from 1-2km in the air at those cordinates and film it from the ground :p sounds pretty impossible, but kind of cool though :D :hehe:

13. Phreak-Z

Phreak-Z What's a Dremel?

hmm.. there was a tv commercial on local tv here(sandnes, Norway) some time ago.. some computer repair company dropped 3-4 monitors from a 15-20 story high hotel :eyebrow: down on the parkinglot below.. :naughty:
    never seen so pulverized monitors before.. :worried:
    was quite the sight :eeek:

14. RobbieGSM

RobbieGSM Banned

That TH site is pretty funny, and stange, shame the videos don't work :waah:

15. Turbochris

Turbochris What's a Dremel?

I wanted to post some video of some of my destruction but I can't find a host. I tried movie-host.net. I got a video on there lableds 100 pound thrust test but I can't figure out how to link to it. I set my lawn on fire. http://movie-host.net/version3/ all the way down. I have a few other videos too of destruction.

16. Pygo

Pygo Rick Relixed

17. Turbochris

Thanks Pygobombe. That's my home made jet go-kart. It does 70 mph in the 1/4 mile, it cost me $200 to build it. My wife was really pissed after that one!

No, you can't have it but I'll tell you how to build one.

18. UNO

UNO What's a Dremel?

omg you have to tell us....... immagin a server whith thoes black plastic casters and that thing mounted on the back :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

19. Turbochris

There's a whole group of people who like to play with turbines. but I think they just use it as an excuse to play with fire. Here's where we all hang out. The group owner got in some crap with the NZ government for trying to make his own cruise missle. I'll have to post a video of that one when I get some time.

20. twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony What's a Dremel?

at my school there's a building with a 9 story stairwell.... the stairs go in a spiral with a big open area straight down the center. the outing club gets caught with rock climbing gear trying to decend down the center every so often. and I guess a few years back there was a group called "The Drop Squad"... well they have a website: http://www.dropsquad.com/ :hehe: