Project: ORCISH - first mod

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Goblin Tinkerer, 25 May 2004.

1. Twunka

Twunka What's a Dremel?

hey i paint WH figs for a living too. i fount on my 20000pt 40K ork army (heavily customised) that they like to make things out of anything so prehaps you should get a bit more old school on this and add some cloth and things to look like its just holding together (kinda like guzkul thrucker or a dreadnaught pikky also if you mix red ink, sand, cement and black ink it makes a really nice rust effect. i also think that prehaps you should chuck on a couole of bolts and things that look as if they're about to fall off

thats just my opinion

but i think that this thing rocks the socks up to the jocks :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :clap: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

2. SJH

SJH Minimodder

Excellent work on this project :D

Just one question...do you think that TV is big enough? ;)

3. magicpixel

magicpixel What's a Dremel?

:jawdrop: Amazing paint job!
    Great mod!

are you planning on hidding your mobo or something? It looks too clean and 'new' for it's case(just my opinion).
    Other than that you should be really proud on a job well done!.

I truly envy all you guys and gals here for your amazing tallents.
    Wish I was half as good :waah:

:dremel: Mod on :dremel:
    Chris.

4. malcolm

malcolm What's a Dremel?

Looks awesome, can't wait to see what you're going to do with the wiring :)

5. n0ll4k

n0ll4k What's a Dremel?

damn that painting is very nice i love the theme

6. FILTHY1337

FILTHY1337 Senior Overclocker

oops poste before seeing the pics

instead ofbuying so much ram (3 sticks of 512) whynot invest in a better graphics card like a 9800 pro 128 for $200 atbest buy

Last edited: 25 May 2004
  7. AlaskanModder

AlaskanModder What's a Dremel?

:miffed: Wish i had your mad painting skillz. :rock:

Very nice work =-) :dremel: on man!

8. JavaDog

JavaDog What's a Dremel?

Very Nice! Completly different style from Piloux, I like the Exposed Un-Rusted "brushed aluminum" portions you left. Really looks great!

Any pics of the construction of your M1A1 holes? :D

9. Goblin Tinkerer

Goblin Tinkerer What's a Dremel?

kenco_uk
    :wallbash: Balding dude! ahhhhhhhh

Homer J
    I think its a 48 incher. Its a very old projection screen i saved from the trash heap. Little off on the red color in the upper right hand corner and has a dark circle in the middle but it still roxors.

ohcyt
    Thanx dude. Taken me some time to do this so I apreciate it.

Twunka

Hey whats your painting sight? Where do you do most of your busness? I looked at the dreadnaughts before and am thinking of putting simular checkerboards on em. I will have to consider the alterante method of materials thing. The boltz are on pretty good. But i might try and knock of one or two. Would have to drill a big ole hole where it was. Hmmm. Good input thanx!

shastings
    I think my tv is too big for my little living room. But im definatly not complaining!! It roxors!

magicpixel
    Yes as a matter of fact I am. Ganna make a dioramma sort of thing inside.
    Its definatly ganna involve some gaming figures.

malcolm
    Some round wires and black wraps more than likely. Then im ganna hide most evrything.

n0ll4k
    Thank you Thank you :D

ocedamd@3000+
    Did i goof on that? My buddies said i would be better off with more ram and waiting till the graphic cars went way down in price.

AlaskanModder
    Evrything i did so far on it is extremly simple. Just follow a few steps and it will come out the same for you. I roughly outlined the steps on the first page. Its easy you can do it to.

JavaDog
    Unfortunalty I didnt get any pics of the holes in constuction. The second time around I just drilled 2 holes in the center of each big hole and started in with a coping saw. Gave up on that and started in with a dremel. Gave up on that and used a jig saw! That powered through it in a matter of minutes!

Apreciate the feedback. I will do more on Orcish this weekend i hope.

10. ReikoX

ReikoX What's a Dremel?

Exellent design and execution. Love your handle too: Goblin Tinkerer. You play Magic: The Gathering?

11. Goblin Tinkerer

Hehe.

Ya goblin tinkerer was the very first majic card i ever recieved. My buddy thought it reminded him of me. Was hooked hard on that game for a while. Then my lame freinds quit playing.

12. ReikoX

ReikoX What's a Dremel?

I had the same problem with people quitting on me. But then my wife and I got hooked on Magic: Online. It's still magic but you get to play it online at any time. This is great for me as most of my free time is either late at night or early in the morning. If you have the extra cash, try it out www.wizards.com/magiconline . It's only $9.99 for an account and you get a coupon for $9.99 for either a starter deck or some boosters.

13. Acid Burn

Acid Burn ..look but don't touch..

Wow! love those bits you got there! amazing case! But how DID you make that side door? I just don't believe that you have a tack in your back yard :D

14. pears0

pears0 What's a Dremel?

To get the HDD and Power lights to work, plug the mother board connectors fot the LED's in the other way round. ie, take each 1 out and turn it through 180 degrees and then put it back in the same place that should fic the problem.

By the ways, nice looking case. Wish I had the time to carry on mitures. I still play Necrounder every now n then. They really should have never ended that line in the shops!

15. TheDon

TheDon What's a Dremel?

Very nice case so far. If I can just a little advise. If possible pull some of the "bolt heads" off the case other put on an angle as if they were being forced out of place.

16. Goblin Tinkerer

ReikoX
    I only play with free copied cards now. No extra cash for magic cards. If i get some extra cash i might check it out. But with all the comp games i like the feel of sitting around with friends and actully playing face to face. Seems like my social life was crippled by these dang comps!! Trying to get my old lady into it as well. She plays with me once in a blue moon but she preffers groo the card game. Its a cool game!

Acid Burn
    No I really do have a abrams in my back yard. Really i wouldnt lie!! :D
    I belive i told the alternate method somwhere on this page or the last.

pears0
    I will try that method to get the lights to work. Never played nucromunda. What was that one about?

TheDon
    Thats a great idea. trying to think of how i would make em angled. They are just plastic fronts. I dunno would the orcs be that bad off to mess up a bolt gun? Maybe i will try it on one and see how it looks. Was thinking of putting the real bolt on the front of the case to hang my head phones off of.

17. Phreak-Z

Phreak-Z What's a Dremel?

:rock:
    what? this is your first mod? please stop lying!!! :D
    :jawdrop:

18. Goblin Tinkerer

Hehehe thanx!

19. Twunka

Twunka What's a Dremel?

I dunno would the orcs be that bad off to mess up a bolt gun

lol well with a BS of 2 i think they would shoot their foot off rather than hit a target at point blank range

anyway i like this case (the wholes look like a killa kan has attacked it lol)

20. kestrel

kestrel What's a Dremel?

I like the whole rust look, its a copperish loock with some rather crusty parts wich sets it apart from PiliouX's case.
    I really like it, top work :rock: