1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disaster Ultimate Distruction!!!!

Discussion in 'Modding' started by dawgsfan1447, 26 May 2004.

1. dawgsfan1447

dawgsfan1447 What's a Dremel?

YOYO, post any vids, pics, stories, or ideas about computer or computer part destuction

2. ZapWizard

ZapWizard Enter the Mod Matrix

That is why this entire forum is here. :worried:

3. ubernewber

ubernewber What's a Dremel?

sooo does Georgia truly rule?

4. dawgsfan1447

oh yeah, they rule, and the forum is about messin up on a mod, this is about destroying computers on purpose :rock:

5. Turbochris

Turbochris What's a Dremel?

I'm a yankee living in Georgia, I hope to someday become a Georgia Dawg myself. I've been here 7 years and I'm told I'm ALMOST a redneck.

6. dawgsfan1447

ALMOST, anyway, any ideas for the ultimate destruction??? :eyebrow:

7. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

gr8 more pyros. And btw ur not a redneck till you marry your relatives. :D :D

8. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

your gonna love this

Back in Grade 9 me and my friend, were in french class, and we had this project where we had to make a commercial. We were allowed to do a commercial PC vs MAC which is better (PC won) i got this old 486 computer monitor and all. Went to my Dads office building and then proceded to drop the whole thing off the roof (2 story building). but that was not enough, now we were just acting silly, started to throw the already smashed components like a hammer throw(monitor) and shotput (CASE). When it was all done, we put the whole commercial to the end portion of the War of 1812 Overture, and slowed down certain parts. It was so much fun. But alas the my copy was destroyed years ago, and my teacher (the only remaining copy) has retired and i dont have contact info.

But I so want to do this again. Just gotta find either a building or CLIFF.

9. khendar

khendar What's a Dremel?

Soo....how does this prove that PC's are better than Macs ??? :confused:

10. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

doesnt really but it was an excuse to throw a computer off a building.

except maybe something called the toughbook. which is a pc not a mac. and it would survive that fall.

11. Jokke_r

Jokke_r What's a Dremel?

i have some stories but no pics or vids... well once on a lan we did a small movie about dealing with noobs... so we fakes this scene where this nooby player was cheating and all that so we picked him up threw him out of the door ( we faked that he had couple of walking sticks aswell ;D) then we took an old PC and monitor and keyboard (they didn't work anymore) and threw em out on the ground and then we took a huge buggy like thingey and ban over the case a couple of time... the keyboard we broke in 2 and so on...

and once we took a monito up a mountain and threw it down ( it didn't work anymore) it was a nice "explosion"...

and once when my friend had fired his CPU by oc'ing he wanted to get new parts ( warranty) so we took a car battery loader and zapped his Rams, his northbridge and made sure the CPU was dead.. it had some nice sparks and ALOT of smoke :naughty:

12. khendar

khendar What's a Dremel?

Toughbooks are tough but I dont think they are that tough :D

Sounds like that movie from the MillionManLan site (posted elsewhere on these forums) where they smashed a guys computer who was allegedly cheating in CS. Personally I think it was staged but still amusing.

13. star882

star882 What's a Dremel?

A little more than a year ago, at a private group meeting, an old PC came in for repair (which wouldn't turn on).
    Kevin (who never worked a SMPS before) offered to fix it.
    He went ahead, and a few minutes later, he took the SMPS out of the PC, then proceeded to open it.
    He first saw a blown fuse (he said, "Oh, yeah, just a blown fuse."), which was a 5A slow-blow. He then replaced it with a regular 5A, only to find that the new fuse blew when he connected the power.
    The really funny part came when he took the board out, then proceeded to probe it with a cheap meter.
    POP! :eeek: :eeek:
    The meter was destroyed, and the probes had a good chunk blown out of them.
    He gave up, not wanting to get hurt.
    Christina Mahoney (the SMPS expert) then took a christmas tree bulb out of her purse, and safely discharged the big capacitors with it (the bulb lit up quite brightly for a few seconds).
    Then she replaced the fuse with a proper 5A slow-blow, and the SMPS worked on the first try!
    The PC was put back together, and it booted up fine!
    Kevin got laughed at for getting beaten (or should I say outsmarted) by a girl. :hehe: :hehe:

14. toxicfeet

toxicfeet What's a Dremel?

crap!!!!!!!!! i wish i read this earlier. me and my cous just dragged a computer monitor down the road behind my s10 lol i wish i took pics. :( but i can confirm the glass in teh monitor is an inch thick :thumb:

15. Roan

Roan What's a Dremel?

This hits close to home.

i run the website www.meshteam.com,
    which despite not getting updated too frequently, does have some good content.

One such series of articles we entitled "GhettoMark" in which we would benchmark the durability of hardware components.

The articles arnt updated often:
    http://www.meshteam.com/articles/index.php?showtutsection=7
    The videos are a little delayed too: (we did blow up a 10" subwoofer yesterday by running 600wrms into it, which hasnt been uploaded.).
    http://www.meshteam.com/filedb/pafiledb.php?action=category&id=9

actually, upon checking, there are about 5 or 6 videos missing. But youll get the idea.
    Since those we have:
    Done a burn out on a keyboard or 2.
    Hurled a monitor from the roof of a 3 story house
    shattered CD's by spinning them up to some ungodly speed.
    atacked a 16port fax card with an arc welder.
    Dropped an anvil on a monitor.
    strung an entrie PC up like a piniata and beat the crap out of it.
    Played frisbee with half a dozen NIC's over the edge of a cliff.
    and a few other incidents....

/me goes to find where those videos are.

Last edited: 6 Jul 2004
  16. AMD inside

AMD inside What's a Dremel?

During science class we blew up some biga$$ caps from a 500w server psu.
    filled a compaq 386 with weak fireworks, dancing devils zippo fuel and then lit the damn thing. I might reverse the capacitors in an old emachines eview monitor.

:D sarah :D

17. omicron

omicron Baud.

..In science class? o_O;;

18. Ph33r Viper

Ph33r Viper What's a Dremel?