1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Somethings fishy here...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by RotoSequence, 25 May 2004.

1. pzr

pzr Banned

try my suggestion for a mouse mat, or get a ratpadz or something

when i was using cheaper mouse mats, the thing wouldn't go in a straight line, it was more like
    /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

but then when i made me new uber shiny slippery mouse mat

i was amazed, it went in a straight line so easily, and is so much more precise.

thats why i say to people try a properly set up MX700, because theres lots of things that can stop it performing 100%

2. k3nn

k3nn What's a Dremel?

But isnt a mouse just a mouse? I bought an 10 pound mercury c1330 optical mouse and it works just aswell as my old ball mouse. It works the way a mouse should, theres no lag, its got a smooth motion and it works on the surface of my desk, even with all the cookie crumbs abd crap that end up on it. Now i havent used an MX500/510700 but I would imagine that it wouldnt do a better job then my C1330. everyone is welcome to correct me if im wrong.

3. M4d-K10wN

M4d-K10wN Banned

Why would I sell out $60 for a mouse, when my 5-dollar mouse is just as good?

4. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

It's not JUST about how good it works. Yes.. my old intellimouse is every bit as fast, and responsive as my MX700. The resolution is about the same at 800dpi, and they both seem to work as well in PS and in games. So why did I pay the extra money? Well, I wanted wireless for a start, as wires on the desk were getting on my nerves. I tried several cheaper alternatives ( I bought a complete wireless desktop) from Belkin, Microsoft and Genius.. all crap.. especially the Belkin. I was just about to give up entirely, and paint my intellimouse silver to match everything else... wires aren't too bad after all I kept telling myself. Then I decided to try the Logitech Wireless Desktop MX. "At £70, it better be good" I kept reminding myself". Well, it was, and it is.

What you're paying for is the top quality RF aspects as well as the opticals. I think it's about £40 for the standalone MX700, and no, that's not cheap, but you really do get what you pay for. Remember you're getting a high quality switched battery charger, and a couple of 2000mAh NiMh cells as well... that's usually about £15 or so on their own.

No other mouse seems so well designed: my fingers just naturally rest over the buttons, where they are supposed to. I love it's weight, I love it's feel.

Sorry for pimping the MX700... but when I try to use my Intellimouse on another machine now, I just can't help but think "What a piece of ****"!

5. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

I use the ms intellimouse explorer v3 , and whenever I use my friends mx700 in a game or when im working fast i can tell a slight delay on it, nice mouse, not as laggy as other wireless ones, but not in contention with the v3.

6. Morphine

Morphine weeee!

the ONLY time the MX700 will ever get delay is if it is getting interference from some other electrical device. If the wireless dock/reciever it too close to your monitor it will interfere with the signal. It is best to keep the dock about 1 foot or so away from a monitor, fan, tv, or other powerful device.

As a side note, I know when I get a chance here over the summer I will be addding PVC tubing to the back underside of my tables that I ahve arranged in a U-shaped desk covering an entire wall of my room. I'll have extension cables running through this tube, that way all wiring for PC and other appliances is hidden and everything will have an optimal location. MMMM PC all the way over to the left, dualie monitors arranged int eh corner, wireless equipment the the other side. mmmm...

7. pzr

pzr Banned

every single mouse i have tryed just cant match up to my MX700, microsoft,other logitech models,and all the other usual crap

so before all you idiots go blurting, why would i buy a expensive mouse when my crappy old £5 one is just as good, how can you say its just as good when u have never used a properly set up mx700?, fools i tell thee.

and all these people saying it lags, cant you read my posts?!, its not set up properly!.

i get lag if my reciever is on top of monitor or pc case, or if its to far back, or its right next to some powerful speakers or something, but if its directly in front of mouse mat its perfect

8. M4d-K10wN

M4d-K10wN Banned

Yeah, it's funny - one of the wireless mice I tried (it was a M$ wireless optical mose..) anyway, my monitor was intefering with it somehow :hehe: . Far away from the monitor, I could actually move the cursor in the general direction of the continent I was moving the mouse on. But close it got really weird. That's one of the worst I ever had.

9. pzr

pzr Banned

yer when i was moving my stuff around a bit, i put the reciever to the right of the monitor i think it was, then the bugger wouldn't move, thrashing mouse around like looney, moved a tiny bit sometimes, then i moved the reciever to middle of monitor, got better but still lagged a bit, but it right in front of the mouse, and it was perfect, so thats where i keep the reciever now

10. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

i just bought a wireless one and it owns.sorry to be so l33k speak but the fact that its the perfect weight(due to the batteries) and because my dad doesn't have to faff about moving all the wires( i'm the only lefty in my house )