1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Form Factor Small Form Factor Motherboards

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BuSkiLlS, 28 May 2004.

1. BuSkiLlS

BuSkiLlS What's a Dremel?

i am building a small form factor case and i am trying to find a flex-atx motherboard. i want a flex atx motherboard with onboard video, audio, and lan. also, i want it to be a athlon motherboard. here is the case i am using.

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Buying a mini itx case for a flex atx motherboard will screw you over to start with. Youll need something like an EPIA or P4 mini-itx motherboard, AMD dont do athlon mini-itx varietys.

3. Jedi

Jedi What's a Dremel?

there's no amd mini-itx available atm but check this out from www.mini-itx.com

[​IMG]

that's a Geode cpu based on the mobile athlon architecture, check the news on the mini-itx website :D

i have no idea when that's available but in the meantime i recommend the p4 mini-itx for games and things but if it's just web-browsing and general use then the via epia series mini-itx boards are nice and quiet/cool

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Wow! Every days a school day :D

6-14W! serious oc-ing potential! Doesnt look like they are solidered down like the EPIA cpus too so mebbe you could swap it out for a normal athlon or an althon mobile barton? Providing the chipset recongnises the cpuid and the necessary multipliers are avaliable.

I hope they update the board and loose the p// port n stuff. I cant tell whe chipset is either.

And the prices: AMD Geode NX DB1500 – $500.00 :eeek:

5. Le Tordu

Le Tordu What's a Dremel?

It seems AMD's mobo won't be for sale for "standard users" like us, just for computer manufacturers... :waah:

But I think at least one will build a Geode based mobo for everybody !

6. BuSkiLlS

BuSkiLlS What's a Dremel?

hmmm, soo i guess its the pentium route.... does anyone have any suggestions on a p4 mini-itx board and pocessor. i am really a newb when it comes to anything pentium. the main use for this computer will be websurfing, chatting, non-power stuff, soo it doesnt have to be to powerful. its needs to have integrated video and audio, andt thats about it.i dont really want to go the via built in cpu route, if at all possible.

7. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Check out http://www.mini-itx.com They sell only mini-ITX stuff, and teach you about this sort of stuff. That should solve your problems and tell you all you need to know :thumb:

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Buskills - just dont get a celeron ;)

Buy the cheapest p4 you can get and itll be more than fast enough for non-gaming applications.

9. Nieko

Nieko What's a Dremel?

10. Le Tordu

Le Tordu What's a Dremel?

Same problem for this board : professionals only ! :sigh:

Check for the Insight P4, easy to find in stores...

Tags: