1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Garaunteed 20deg cooler than anyother

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Cytomax, 14 Mar 2002.

1. Cytomax

Cytomax What's a Dremel?

Hello all ive been seriously looking into WC for quite some time now and ive been very interested in what Leufken is doing with his Component Fluid Injector or direct die cooling? Now ive been looking for reviews and stuff to read about it but i cant find anything. My main question is... is this safe to do? He does garauntee no leaks and this thing to be 20 degrees cooler than any wc system out there. So any comments or reviews found on this subject could yall please tell me. Thank you

2. TiTch

TiTch h2o cooled

The site that I would have a look at with regards to direct die cooling is www.spodesabode.com. They have been doing this for ages and get very good results. They also use a central injector block to improve performance. They do not appear to have any problems, but I do not have the nerve to give it a go.:eek: :eek:

3. Lord_Vheox

Lord_Vheox What's a Dremel?

I can guarantee you its not 20 degrees lower then anyone. I've seen a nitrogen based cooling system... the CPU temp was about 5-6 degres celcius... :D :D :D

4. brianpodskalny

brianpodskalny ladies night!

nitrogen isnt water though...

5. [GiB] Spawny

[GiB] Spawny Xqpack Lovin

It also fair to say it will be sometime before nitrogen is a main stream alternative to std water-cooling.

6. Sinitus

Sinitus What's a Dremel?

With regular watercooling you can´t get a processor temp below 0deg. To get down below zero you need another coolant like freon.

7. TiTch

TiTch h2o cooled

Watercooling naturally will not go lower than ambiant. If ambiant is minus two, with the additives stopping it freezing, won't the temp that the processor will run be -2 as well.

8. Sinitus

Sinitus What's a Dremel?

What additives?

9. TiTch

TiTch h2o cooled

Well the likes of wetter water or purple ice should do it. I don't like using antifreeze, but purely out of theory I could use that.

10. Sinitus

Sinitus What's a Dremel?

Even if you had another additive. How are you planning to get it below zero? Pelts? Where in the system would you use the pelt?? Directly on the cpu?? On a radiator?

11. TiTch

TiTch h2o cooled

no if you look at the thread, someone stated that you could not run your system below ambiant without the likes of a pelt (fine) but you could only take it down to 0 degrees on ambiant. But if you lowered the ambiant to below 0 then surely you would be able to run your cpu temp below 0 as well without any extra cooling. Therefore if you run your rad out side and you live in alaska, then your system could naturally go below zero.

12. Elemental

Elemental What's a Dremel?

How to go below zero:

[​IMG]

:eeek:

cu
    Elemental

13. Sinitus

Sinitus What's a Dremel?

Of course it would who has said anything else?
    With regular watercooling i ment just water with no additives.

14. TiTch

TiTch h2o cooled

Also a sytem is pressuried, fast flowing and does pass a heat sourse, therefore the water, even with no additative should drop below zero without freezing. Part of chemistry at school was the effects of pressure on boiling and freezing point of water so I distantly remember.

What I was leading to though is that so many peeps still cool their rads with air from insite their computer. Lots seam to forget that ambiant is measued from the air going through their rads and not that in the room of the computer. I know this is basic stuff, but I still see advanced users on major sites doing the same thing.:sigh:

Lastly, I do like this smilie:eyebrow: :eyebrow:

15. Sinitus

Sinitus What's a Dremel?

I really would like to have a visual schematic on the system...

16. TiTch

TiTch h2o cooled

What the smilie or the radiator cooling.:lol: :lol: :lol:

For my new system I am making a ducting from outside of the case to the radiator which then exits via the top. This should keep it in the sweet spot, limit turbulance - hence noice and not blow the hot air from the rad into my system. Not new or cleaver, just not done very often.:sigh:

17. scopEDog

scopEDog Minimodder

Hey TiTch what case are you going to do this in? I just recently sold my LL pc-65 because of my watercooling setup, and I picked up a black cube. I was thinking about mounting the rad on the back of the case, to avoid air from inside the case.

18. TiTch

TiTch h2o cooled

I'm using the cheiftain dragon full tower case. I need it as I have an enermex PSU and a seperate CPU that runs at 13.8v for the peltier. I have made the hole above for the fan and am cutting glass to make a simple wedge duct up to the rad mounted in the top. I also need the height as I have a reserviour and pump for the chipset/gpu and h/d colling and a eheim (with a glass reserviour above) for the cpu cooling.:eeek:

Tags: