1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: ORCISH - first mod

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Goblin Tinkerer, 25 May 2004.

1. Goblin Tinkerer

Goblin Tinkerer What's a Dremel?

This just in! 1 free painted warhammer night goblin to who ever can help me fix my problem!!

2. Goblin Tinkerer

Sheesh no takers on my bribe? Man im about to cry.

Last edited: 2 Jun 2004
  3. JEEVES

JEEVES Minimodder

make it a 40k charecter and you got a deal

JEEVES

4. knucks

knucks What's a Dremel?

the fan should cool the processor fine..what are the temps like in the BIOS?

also, make sure it isn't overclocked or anything. i've had problems with loading windows on that cpu when it was overclocked..although it shouldn't be if you just bought it..

5. flo

flo What's a Dremel?

Try taking all the ram out, and putting it in one by one. Is it all the same brand or different?

Last time I saw this kind of problem, it was bad ram.

6. Goblin Tinkerer

It is kingston 512. its not listed in the mobo book as compadable. It worked fine in my other comp. Dont know where im ganna get another stick o ram for quick. If it works though you win the mini!

So what did you guys think about the last pics?

7. CoWMaN\

CoWMaN\ What's a Dremel?

btw the fangs on your drawing look like tears.

8. flo

flo What's a Dremel?

Scweeeet, a model of someone who can actually paint! My painting skills are horrible in terms of my space marine chapter. Never understood how to drybrush or highlight in a manner for it to look good! Then again, shouldn't get my hopes up :worried:

Last time I saw this prob I just let my friend borrow one of my sticks of ram, boot up, and when it worked gave it back to me and we drove to our local electronics store for the minimum stick of ram. Then he just bought more of the working ram at cheaper prices online and sold the rest. I'm sure your friends would let you borrow one stick of ram and do the same for you :thumb:

Love the painted keyboard. I love the spacebar saying "jump." I can completely picture and orc looking at his keyboard trying to figure out how to jump. And the "entor" cracks me up. However, I don't like the side with the sun. The sun is great and everything, but since it isn't centered, something seems to be missing. Maybe make a dirty or bloody hand print or something that looks like it was handled by an orc in the upper left corrner of the side with the sun.

9. Goblin Tinkerer

The sun is only tacked on. I plan on centering it once im done. Actually it is off center to the left. Pic makes it look of center to the right! The bloody handprint thing sounds good though!!

In real life the fangs are quit seperated from they eyes by a black line. The photo just doesnt show it very well. I plan on many more painted featurs on all sides. This is just what ive done so far.

Good input guys thanx!

Gann see if my buddies have the right kinda ram. If so i will try it out and order some if it works. Keeping my 512 kingston though! Its going right back into orcish!

Last edited: 2 Jun 2004
  10. The Peacekeeper

The Peacekeeper What's a Dremel?

Good job that thing looks pretty freaking sweet i must say i enjoy looking at that case.

11. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

That mod is freakin' awesome! Give that man five stars! :rock:

12. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

That paint job is quality work. I like the fact that instead of complete rust, you have left some of the case metal bare. To me, it makes it sem more real. And the Evil Sun handpainted on the side, well that's just awesome. It really gives the case a character of its own.

Do you think the large bolt heads on the keyboard's handrest will be in the way. They look great, but it looks like they migh hinder typing just a bit. Other than that, I think the lettering on the keyboard is classic orc.

-monkey

13. TheDon

TheDon What's a Dremel?

Great work so far.. Love the Keyboard. It seems so holy grailish to me.. everytime i look at it I keep thinking "run away"

14. scifikg

scifikg What's a Dremel?

Excellent work! I love everything about it. Can't wait to see the final product. :rock:

15. Goblin Tinkerer

The Peacekeeper, Thanx the positive feedback i get here really keeps me going!

Nexxo, Man i wish I had five stars only 9 people voted. Maybe they are waiting for the finished mod. I voted myself only 4, maybe i will switch it!

supermonkey, thank you. I positioned the bolts so they dont realy get in the way. My hands rest inbetween them mostly. The bolt in the middle is perfect to rest the bottom of my thumb on. So it actually gives some support!

TheDon, would it help to confuse them if we ran away more?

scifikg, Thank you and I am hoping to have some time to work on it next wensday. Ive still got alot planned for it!

16. EdHunTer

EdHunTer What's a Dremel?

really nice mod especially for a first attempt! :thumb:

2 things:
    1. if you would mind please tell me what kinda paint did you use to make the rust effect and how you did it i want do do some rust stuff in my project. Wanna make it look like the metal started rusting under the rivets (like when yomething is in the rain for a long time and rust lays down the way the water pours around the rivet)

2. maybe i'm just confused but did you say earlier that you were running your amd 2800+ at 2.8 mhz ? cos that would be a kinda harsh overclocking the 2800 means that whe used in it's default speed (around 1.4 1.5ghz) it is the equavilent of a 2.8 ghz pIV CPU. i have a 2500+ barton and it runs around 1200 ghz. maybe that's your problem?

:hip:

17. KAMIKAZE-FREAK

KAMIKAZE-FREAK What's a Dremel?

:jawdrop:
    nice mod :thumb:
    like the rust effect and i also really like the blastholes
    keep up the good work and keep us updated with your girly mod :naughty: :dremel:

18. Madyeti

Madyeti Supermodder & sig shrinking victim

my 2500+ Barton runs @ 1.87 ghz. You must really be overclocking that biotch to get 1200 ghz!!!!! :D all in fun :hehe:

19. Goblin Tinkerer

EdHunTer, Im sorry i meant to say a xp 2800 at 2.07 ghz. Its the standard ghz. I dont know the first thing about overclocking. Yet.

The rust is just pasted on sand painted black then yellow ornge 50/50 paint and water. Then drybrushed with a dark flesh color. Easy to do. I use acrylic paints. You have to prime and seal them really well.

KAMIKAZE-FREAK, Thank you. My girly comp is up and running now. My buddy who helped me set it up said that the old hard drives would run without redoing them. I had master james come over and he laughed at me then reformated one of the drive rebooted windows and loaded the drivers and presto. I really felt small and stupid. So far i just have a voice activated cathode in my girls mod. Havent really thought about what im ganna do to it. Thinking i will simply carve out a new plexy front panel and etch a tree into it. Maybe a top window and some custome fan grills. I think that will be all for her. New paint job to of course!

Madyeti, give us about 20 years. 1200ghz will probably be the norm! We will start having mod casualties!! Goblin Tinkerer passed away today as he was engulfed in a plazma ball while installing his 50,000w nuclear power supply. A sad day for the bit tech comunity.

20. EdHunTer

EdHunTer What's a Dremel?

Sorry typo. I didn't even notice :D

Goblin Tinkerer:
    So basically you "glued" patches of sand where you wanted the rust, painted it with black primer and painted it to colour but you meantioned something about copper paint a bit back in the thread?