1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics cell phones galore

Discussion in 'Modding' started by moddedgeek, 6 Jun 2004.

1. moddedgeek

moddedgeek What's a Dremel?

i have a ton of cell phones and dont know what to do with them so help me

ok i have 2 star tacs (motorola)
    some nokia not flippy phone
    another older not flippy nokia, some ancient flippy phone and some sprint flippy phone ill get exact model nums and stuff when i have them all sitting in fornt of me

2. [cibyr]

[cibyr] Sometimes posts here

Umm, keep the best one and sell the rest? :eyebrow:

3. sinizterguy

sinizterguy Dark & Sinizter

Put them on ebay or bin them ?

4. marcboy

marcboy What's a Dremel?

give them me to play with? :D

5. tapius

tapius What's a Dremel?

or me, i love phones - some of the color lcds on nokias can be (fairly) easily interfaced with rs232 :)

6. moddedgeek

moddedgeek What's a Dremel?

are there any hacks i can do to them how much do you think i could get for them

7. kiljoi

kiljoi I *am* a computer king.

Gasoline, sledge hammers, wrecking balls, tire irons, c-4, m-80's, plastic explosive, what do you mean you can't think of anything to do with them?

8. jgrade

jgrade What's a Dremel?

Depending on how old they are, I would say they are worth between 0 and 0. If you’re lucky, you may only be out a few bucks for postage. The best place for your phone is at a recycling center for used phones. Check the yellow pages. They take old cell phones and ship them to lesser developed countries as charitable donations. I have had at least a dozen different phones over the last 12 years and had luck selling 1 back in 1992 when a phone was still 300+.

Simple fact is that most phones cost nothing to the consumer and without a contract from the carriers, the phone is worthless. Also, don’t forget that in this country, their is no standard on cell technology. SO, even if your phones all TDMA, there is no reason to assume that your phone issued in AZ will work at all in IL. Throw in CDMA, GSM, PCS, multiple digital schemes, and your better donating your phones and taking a charitable tax deduction.

By the way, the only people buying used phones on e-bay (not all of course but most) are going to reprogram the phone with stolen EINs. Why else would someone buy old technology when they could get them for free new. Do a search on Goggle and you will find a huge underground community of hackers for phones, Satellite, etc.

9. OrbDemon

OrbDemon Minimodder

do you have any further info on this?