Windows what racing games do you enjoy?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by exavier412, 6 Jun 2004.

1. exavier412

exavier412 What's a Dremel?

hey.. well i play fps mostly, but i bought need 4 speed underground a while ago... i beat it about 2 or 3 months ago i think, and i found that game really fun and a nice break from shooters... i have a crappy as$ pedal/steering wheel set up, but i was wondering what new racing games do you like? should i try the nascar one? or what? i like realism (what n4su didnt have) and upgrades (which nascar doesnt have)... so what games would u prefer?

2. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

when it comes out GTR by sim bin.super real racing game.its hard but soooo rewarding when you get it right.

3. daydreamingknight

daydreamingknight What's a Dremel?

Well..I love CMR 4.. though a rally game and not against anything but the clock- I thought it was fun as hell!

That's about the only racing game I've played lately.

I would get into racing games more if I had a wheel..

DDK

I tried the GTR demo, never seemed to get out of 1st gear... :wallbash:...googled and found out how, guess I'll try the demo again..:)

Last edited: 7 Jun 2004
  4. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

Grand Prix 4 rules, esp with updated 2004 carsets, new track graphics, sounds very nice :D
    NFS:U is also a great game, as is Grand Prix Legends. That GTR game doesnt seem to like this PC for some reason, muchos crashes! Seems good from what play I've managed though

5. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

I probally have 200+ games and only one racing game...and I got that one for free when I went to THQ in california, Its called "Moto GP 2" its a motorcyle racing game.

6. dom_

dom_ --->

toca 2 race driver,
    you get to race so many different type of cars/styles
    from formula ford to aston martins on ice :)

7. Jedi

Jedi What's a Dremel?

I jus got race driver 2 a few days ago, playing it with my psx dual shock pad :D really good game :rock:
    And it has realism!!

8. dom_

dom_ --->

only game i know where you have a clutch pedal that actually stalls the car :)

9. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Project Gotham Racing 2 on the Xbox is unsurpassed in my opinion. A so-so single player experience that merely serves to allow you to earn better cars, but the online multiplayer experience is second to none. Get a good bunch of people racing together and you'll find it really hard to beat on any system imho.

The Rallisport game on the PC and the sequel on the Xbox are also favs of mine. Much better handling and graphics than the McRae games, although the lack of a coherent world championship is a bit disappointing.

10. FILTHY1337

FILTHY1337 Senior Overclocker

tokyo extremem racing , been fallowing the series since it showed up fot the dreamcast. it was the fist and only game for a while were u had to know how to drift to survive, this was when the dream cast first came out, before most of u guys knew what drifting was. anyways they shadows and shine are awsome the verity is awsome, there are over 600 other rivals whitch equals hours of game play, and the latest eddition only adds apon the amazing foundation, only complaint was that they realy messed up the mustang, its realy unperpotioned and the wheels are tiny! but all the jap cars are spot on :rock: ,,,,,,, i thought it needed a few more commas :hehe:

11. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

Toca Race driver 2.
    really good game, online play is fun too.

12. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

*dismisses memories of playing Sega Rally and Ridge Racer as fake*

Metropolis Street Racer > Tokyo Extreme Racing

13. ToM

ToM mmmm, blud

id have to say:

project gotham racing 2 and nfsu

they r great
    :D

14. Piratetaco

MSR. i bloody love that game its shame that the DC is set up in my bro's room.(his tv is only 50hz.my all car save is 60Hz)

15. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Such a cool game isn't it? Hours spent racing round London in my Black Cab and motorised lawn mower bonus cars rofl

16. Piratetaco

ah the joys of bus racing.i loved the free open tracks.nothing better than putting it on TV camera mode and doing handbrake turns around San Fran.

17. Dinosa21

Dinosa21 What's a Dremel?

tokyo extremem racing is always fun but after playing part 2, zero,part 3 it gets old. Midnight club 2 was fun. NFSU had to much rice for me, but the drift tracks are fun. Cant wait for GT4!!!

18. Piratetaco

thanks Dinosa21. i just remembered MC2. bloody awesome game for the CTF.only 99 days till GT4.gonna have to buy a PS2 for it.

19. Jedi

Jedi What's a Dremel?

MC2 aswell, when i first played i thought it was jus ok but when ur absolutely ragging it thru the traffic it's soo much fan.

eek gt4, now i wish i had a ps2, i had gt and gt2 for my psx and loved them, not even played gt3

20. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Wipeout + Ridge/Rage Racer series (PS1), PGR (XB - Haven't tried PGR2 yet), MRC (N64), Mario Kart (GC/GBA).

I usually prefer racing games where you don't just race but have other things to do (shoot opponents, gain Kudos points, etc...) never really been into the realism aspect most racing games seem to go for.

Tags: