1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Juiced Demo(pics-56k warning)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by daydreamingknight, 10 Jun 2004.

1. daydreamingknight

daydreamingknight What's a Dremel?

Another racing demo is out, has anyone tried it? Reminds me alot of NFSU. Looks nice, but I had a few graphic glitches here and there. I only played with the keyboard which is for me, hard to tell how the handling is...(says its sim/arcade racer)

Took a few screenies at full detail/rez:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Blur effects, different day/night/evening times,etc, tweaking, etc... night time racing looks alot like NFSU. try it and report back what you think of it. I got the demo off 3dgamers.com

DDK

2. Jedi

Jedi What's a Dremel?

woah that exhaust is seriously rude :rock: gonna have to download that demo :D

3. Dodge

Dodge What's a Dremel?

nearly downloaded the demo. ill report back shortly. due out inseptember, looks very cool thou. hopefully there wont be sooo many cheats on this as there is on nfs:u

4. Dodge

Dodge What's a Dremel?

ok, i get the feeling of WTF

no sound in the game, other than wheels scrreeching. music in the menus thou.

some good ideas, when you hit stuff you get like neons broke or nos leak and stuff.,

when you break hard the car spins, and the celica is uncontrolable, also controls cant be changed, the map in the top right showing the cars is sooo cheesy, just big white square blocks nasty. needs alot of work IMO

EDIT:

crashes when you alt and tab

OK more problems

EXIT demo button after a race doesnt work, exit buton on main menu is dissabled, easyest way to shut it is to make it crash by alt and tabbing.

errr, nitro button?? any ideas???

what else. oh no damage to car, but n2o and turbo is damaged by little taps. which is a pain, ummm, other cars like to knock the tail of your car tooo much so you crash, also when you get it sideways, even a little bit it is uncontrolable.

Last edited: 10 Jun 2004
  5. Carbon

Carbon Banned

wow, that game looks good. i bet it will be no match for nfs:u2 :D

6. Jedi

Jedi What's a Dremel?

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

It's really bad, the music worked for me but the sound quality was rubbish, whenever the car starts spinning it's like it starts the preset "spin around 360 degrees" sorta like same all the time.

The damage was ok, ****ted the back left of my car and it crumpled in and the bumper was hanging off and bouncing a bit.

When i got to the finish line i thought it all locked up but it frooze for like 4-5 seconds, straight after i alt-tabbed, killed it and unistalled it. makes me :waah:

7. daydreamingknight

daydreamingknight What's a Dremel?

I agree it does need alot of work. I like where it's headed though so I do hope it gets corrected before it comes out. I also hate using the keyboard- I couldn't find anyway to use my gamepad. A few too many graphical problems too..Turbo works but where's the NOS button? E brake? LOL

Hopefully they will put in the work to make it stand out...

DDK

8. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

how the hell do you change the controls?

9. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Oh this is pants, cant change controls, graphics are poor, sound all srewed up.

The damage thing is ok though.

Full of bugs, but it is a demo after all.

10. Carbon

Carbon Banned

so i take it you dont like it :D

11. Jedi

Jedi What's a Dremel?

:duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :p

tbh i can't see this ever being a good game

12. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

i think it could be a NFSU beater but they have to do something about the damage.140 into a wall and no parts fell off. B is your handbrake.

13. crayfish

crayfish Amazing scenes!

I couldn't even get the game to run. I saw a loading screen then it CTD on me. No sound options in config either.

They aren't really making me wanna buy it! Utter rubbish.

14. khendar

khendar What's a Dremel?

Ermmm...guys its a demo. I've never seen a demo which matches the final release in terms of quality. Granted some are close, but if its really early code then its not likely to be representative of the final product...Thats why demos have disclaimers.

Give it a chance.

Tags: