1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disaster I'm a n00b when it comes to modding......

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Spy246, 16 Jun 2004.

1. Spy246

Spy246 What's a Dremel?

Just a couple minutes ago i tried to take a cd out of my cd drive. The cd drive was not plugged into the psu and nothing was turned on. So I tried to stick a staple into that little small place on the cd drive that supposedly opens it up but i didnt know that the staple was to small so I got one stuck in there. Then I did something worse. I stuck another staple in it. I told u I was a n00b to modding. So now i was able to get one out but there is still one more in there. How am i supposed to get the staple out and by chance how am i supposed to take the cd out without putting all my stuff back together. I am mostly a forum n00b reading posts and I am currently trying to mod my first computer and I just built my first pc so every mistake i make is something i have never done before. I am completely lost with alot of things people do on this forum. If you know how I can get the staple out it would be a great help. This may sound like a stupid thread but i need someones help. People make mistakes and i am gonna live with it. I am a 14 year old starting mod computers but first i need to know what i am doing.

2. Spy246

Spy246 What's a Dremel?

ok i was able to open the cd drive and remembered that the cd wasn't in their. The staple is in there though. LMAO!!! It sucks but I will find a way to fix it.

3. fg0d

fg0d Banned

this really doesnt have to to with modding :). If it gets stuck, I use a small Flatheaded screwdriver, works like a charm, I had to sharpen it of course :) and welcome to bit-tech, happy to meat someone in my age zone, im 12 :) Good luck with whatevers going on! :)

4. Malvolio

Malvolio .

OK, I'll put this as simple as I can, just to make sure I don't lose you, as that would be bad, and I'm nice (well, sometimes anyway). Just simply take the drive out of the case (un-do the screws, and unplug it), then, look arround on the metal bit of the cd-rom drive, towards the front. There should be 4 little "clips" that are made out of plastic (they'll be from the front bezel - the plasticy bit on the front). Depress one at a time as you gently pull the front bezel off. It's a simple matter, but if you don't know how to do it, it may be confusing ;) I will post pictures if demanded. Hope that helps :thumb: And good luck!

5. fg0d

fg0d Banned

sure.. if you wanna get all dancy bout it.... :)

6. [->>Curly<<-]

[->>Curly<<-] What's a Dremel?

if it was me i would put a magnet(a stong 1 maby 2) on anuthere paper clip and put it back in and hope it pulls out the other 1 :thumb:

7. RobbieGSM

RobbieGSM Banned

My thoughts exacly. :)

8. Spy246

Spy246 What's a Dremel?

thanks fdor the help i am gonna try to use a couple magnets. I hope i don't break my video card when i try to put on zalman zm80c-hp heatsink. People's work on Bit-tech forum inspired me to start modding. To bad i suck at it!!!!

9. SFOD-D LoneWolf

SFOD-D LoneWolf What's a Dremel?? :p

C'mon, we all have to start sometime, and we get better in time.

I too have yet to mod my first PC (first mod, not PC :baby: )

Cheers,
    Mike

10. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Hey, don't think like that :p Do what I did, just do computer mods that you are good with (like say, your good with wood, then do wood work). Check the Idle Hands project in my sig, very little "advanced" knowledge needed to do that mod, and it was extremely cheap (like, under $20). But none-the-less, just do what your experience level allows, and don't get down because your not U83R 1337!!111!!!1!oneonetwo or whatever....

11. Spy246

Spy246 What's a Dremel?

would anyone wanna help me design a mod for my computer? I wish i could show pics of what it is now but don't know how. I am such a n00b when it comes to everything except sports and djing i dj house parties in my town. Maybe i can do a mod that has something to do with djing. If you tell me where i can post pics i acn show u the pics of my computer so far

12. nohope4me

nohope4me What's a Dremel?

Mod a turntable into the top of the case? you could even plug in into the sound card.... :hehe:

13. khendar

khendar What's a Dremel?

DJing ? How much hardware have you got ? Consider this...

A desktop pc with a built in LCD screen, B/I or fold out keyboard and mouse. and two CD players ( dunno if you use cd's ) mounted side by side with oversized buttons for running them.

14. Spy246

Spy246 What's a Dremel?

i got one pioneer cdj1000, a pioneer cdj100, a technics sl-1210mk2, a vestax pcv-275 mixer, some ****ty kustom 250 watt speakers (getting new jbl), and alot of lighting including fog machines, strobe lights, some weird lights called vertigo, and some other things.

15. Spy246

Spy246 What's a Dremel?

Any thoughts or ideas of what i should do?

16. nohope4me

nohope4me What's a Dremel?

Well you could mod a PC and screen into a flight case and make some nice li'l interfaces to control your gear... jazz it up with a load on CCL, LEDs... :hip:

17. FILTHY1337

FILTHY1337 Senior Overclocker

in the futuer use your psu u to eject the cds as fallows.....take a short wire and connect the green wire to the closest blk wire in the atx connector(or guess untill u find the proper blk wire(this foools the psu into thinks there is a mobo)then simply connect your cd drive and eject
    also nifty for fan powered incents burners and playing with cffl's :D