Networks bit torrent files problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hairybob, 14 Jul 2004.

1. hairybob

hairybob What's a Dremel?

hi,
    i've been having this problem for a while now. the files i download using bit torrent do not work after a while, sometimes they dont work at all. what happens is that the filenames become computer language/weird symbols, subfolders with the same messed up names get created, the size of the files are way off( 8 gigs for an album of mp3's), and the worst part is that the files cant be deleted, i get "cannot delete file: cannot read from the source file or disk"

the other files on that drive are fine.... seems that only the bit torrent files become corrupted.

i know that recovering those files are hopeless, but is there a way of clearing them off without reformatting that partition, and is there a way so that i wont run into this problem again?

thanks for your time

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Use a different torrent client? Maybe your torrents are corrupt or you download corrupting torrents?

3. ufk

ufk Licenced Fool

Bittorrent has built in corruption checking so its very unlikely that the torrents are corrupt, as to cleaning the files completely out without a reformat something like the files listed here will effectively delete the files if it can , also if its windows xp, theres a bug in it that means that certain filetypes when displayed in windows explorer are counted as in use and therefore cant be deleted, this could be part of the problem with deletion, fixs/workarounds can be found here

4. solid box

solid box What's a Dremel?

Tags: