1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding PsOne LCD mod problems/question

Discussion in 'Modding' started by MonoVitae, 21 Jul 2004.

1. MonoVitae

MonoVitae What's a Dremel?

Ok ive done everything according to the the instruction guide and I am fairly proficient in electrical engineering however i do seem to be experienceing some problems. Heres the setup.
    Sony PsOne Lcd purchased in the states (assuming its not pal right now)
    Main vid card geforce 4 ti4600
    Secondary pci vid card(for lcd) AtiRadeon7000 has csync
    Dc poweradapter modded into 12v rail on psu
    Pin 10 /9 dcc not in use

Problem: Video card works with all other monitors. However given the default(guide) settings or anyother settings for that matter the lcd remains blank througout the entire boot process no flicker no anything. Cigarret adapter shows power being supplied and screen makes a faint electrical current sound, so i dont think its a power problem. Oh and the PsOne did work when hooked to a playstation.
    So yeh i have no idea whats wrong with it. Any suggestions would be great as im into this project about a hundred bucks and 7 hours time. OH! and if anyone has a pic of how they attached the other ends of the wires from the psone circuit board to the end of the vga cable please post em! I dont really know if you guys cut the ends off, stuck em in the female openings or what.
    Greatly Appreciated,
    Monovitae
    Oh I am aware of the spelling/gramatical errors its 2am here and i worked for 18 hours i dont have the energy to fix it now , perhaps tommorow. Hehe THx

2. SanDmaN

SanDmaN Minimodder

You need the dcc line because it carries 5v to power the screen, if your monitor plug hasn't got the dcc just take 5v from the psu and feed it straight into the screen.

I had a similar problem where my graphics card didn't produce the 5v so I too took it from the psu and it worked.

3. bent

bent What's a Dremel?

how to make this:
    Dc poweradapter modded into 12v rail on psu
    can u post some pics abt this?

thx

4. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

I used a vga extension cable, so it had all the pins. As posted above, you need the dcc pin.

[​IMG]

5. MonoVitae

MonoVitae What's a Dremel?

Yeh I have a vga extension cable too, but did you hack the end off of it or what? Like are the smaller wires on the inside color coded, i just ask because in my own little ghetto temporary testing phase i just took my wires and shoved them into the end of the female vga extender.
    As for the psu to dc adapter mod yeh ill get some pics up, will take em and check back later today.
    Oh and to clarify, Ntsc screens do need the 5volt dcc?

6. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

I chopped off the appropriate end of the cable, then probed with a multimeter to find the right pins/wires. U do need the dcc yeah. Do it that way and u wont need power from the psu.