Cooler Master Case Modding Contest [VOTE NOW]

Discussion in 'General' started by Jim-retired, 23 Jul 2004.

1. Jim-retired

Jim-retired Cooler Master

We are having our first case modding contest. All the particulars can be found HERE. If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer.

[​IMG]

Good luck,

Jim

Last edited: 20 Sep 2004
  2. Jim-retired

Wow, I'm surprised. I thought this would have generated at least a few comments by now. Does this contest not interest any of you? I would welcome any comments.

Thanks,

Jim

3. phaSe

phaSe What's a Dremel?

im interested!

But sadly dont qualify as i dont have any coolermaster parts :waah:

never mind, g/l to any who do!

RoB

4. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

sadly i too have nothing cm in my case :wallbash: otherwise id like to give it ago :sigh: some nice prizes tho

5. bleecher

bleecher What's a Dremel?

only decent coolmaster case is the wavemaster imho, untill thermaltake got there mits on it.

imho about 70% of cases on the market are not upto the job :worried:

6. JADS

JADS Et arma et verba vulnerant

I own a CM ATC-201BXT and frankly wouldn't consider winning any of the current CM range a prize, more a painful eyesore.

7. RTT

RTT #parp

Anyone think this should be moved to the Modding forum?

8. JADS

JADS Et arma et verba vulnerant

Not really. It is an invite to a competition rather than a modification.

9. slater

slater Mummy Says Im Special

Coolermaster make pretty crappy products. Therefore i dont have any and therefore i cant enter.

Also the prizes are poor (i dont want a coolermaster case!)

Also Also im unwilling to sign over the rights of my mods for coolermasters promotional use.

10. Jim-retired

Hi RTT,

As mentioned, it just an announcement and a Q&A thread about the contest. I pondered what forum to put it in and even PM/emailed you about it a while back (I didn't receive a reply). I thought this would be best, but anywhere you want is fine -- of course. ;) I wouldn't even mind if you put it in the news on the front page. :thumb:

You're not just a chronic malcontent now, are you? ;) I'm sorry you don't care for our products. We try to satisfy everyone. The prizes seem to be very acceptable to the majority, so we're happy about that for this contest. I did try to get HQ to go for more, but they were understandably reluctant this first time out.

As for your unwillingness to give up your rights to your mods, I don't blame you one bit. That's why we don't require that -- never did, never will. The agreement is a copyright issue. You are required to release to any site the use of your submitted content. Bit-Tech does it and so does just about every professionally operated site on the Net. It's the law.

We are giving many prizes away to member selected modders so that we can promote Cooler Master products. We would like to be able to talk about it, show pictures of it and get more people interested in our products and our forums and website. The legal team wanted us to let people know up front that their submissions will be published on our website and forums.

None of this in any way takes away your rights to do with your mod, your words or your pictures as you wish -- except that you grant us the right to use them also -- the pictures and words, of course; we don't even come in contact with the mod unless (and this is only to protect against the abuse the MSI contest experienced) we may have to prove the ownership, modification or even existence of the computer case.

I hope this clears up any misgivings you may have about our intentions. I hope you will agree that they are honorable. And I hope someday you will change your mind about our products. If you have any ideas for one or a way to make an existing one better, please let us know about it. Cooler Master is nothing without its satisfied customers.

11. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Id be a little nicer to a Cooler Master representative if I were you. :eyebrow: BTW, I love the job you did on the Rifle bearing 4 LED 80 mm fans. :baby: I would love to get a wavemaster, but unfortunately I dont have the money for one :(

12. slater

slater Mummy Says Im Special

Well he did ask :)

I was a little too harsh. I do like your wavemaster and centurion cases but for me they are a little too expencive for what you attualy get. I hear that heatpipe cooler you make is not too bad either but im a watercooler so dont relly have any use for one. :thumb:

13. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

hahaha cool find mate..

I got a modded watercooled wavemaster *dances* :D

14. Jim-retired

Well, I appreciate the sentiment, but nobody has to kiss my butt. I'm no one special in particular, but I think the Cooler Master products are and that's why I'm here.

Thanks, Slater, for your apology -- no offense taken. You should know, however, that we do not sell products direct at all. The prices you pay are set by the retailer, not Cooler Master. Yes, we do have a MSRP, but dealers rarely sell by them -- some go twice as high and you would be surprised at who they are. But don't ask -- I can't and won't say.

You know, we have a nice little water cooler too. The Aquagate -- it only chills the CPU right now, but they are working on improvements and adding blocks for other components too. I haven't tried it yet, but I hear it's pretty good just the way it is.

Oh, and I will pass your comments onto the engineers and other staff, Roto. They will be happy to hear you like the rifle bearing technology.

Thanks for all your comments everyone -- even the negative ones will help us to improve.

Jim

15. Morphine

Morphine weeee!

hmm,, im using a few CM fans and might get a 5 1/4" bay dealy, would that count for my case? I also wouldnt mind a few prizes to help a site I know with reviews.

edit: hmm... looks like im gonna be buying a CM Aerogate 3 realy soon. Are the thermal probes small enough that they could be slid between a cpu and waterblock close enough to touch the side of the core? or would tightening the block down crush the temp probe or cause it to rest unevenly? I could use the temp probe to watch my cpu, nb, and gpu temps and prolly rig it to test my water temps as well.

Last edited: 26 Jul 2004
  16. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

yip

17. Enak

Enak Also known as Kane

Sweet!

I'll be sending a mail off once I've cut my side panels!!!

18. Pug

Pug What's a Heatsink?

Does this count?

[​IMG]

:D :hehe:

19. diskreet

diskreet What's a Dremel?

I want to enter but a Praetorian with the CM side panel isn't giong to be very unique. The only real mods done are the sleeving of everything in the case to white. But as I will show i am a big coolermaster fan.
    The CM products I have installed/own:
    *Praetorian
    *Window Side Panel
    *Hyper-6 :thumb:
    *Aero-4 (in my girlfriends coolermaster case)
    *White LED fan
    *Red neon tube, installed in old pc
    *i also convinced my girlfriend to buy the ATC-220B-VX1

So to coolermaster: I love you so dearly but i love you too much to cut, paint, or mod any of your perfect products!!!!!

/rant

20. Ligoman17

Ligoman17 What's a Dremel?

I've been working on a Praetorian project for about a month now. I'd love to enter it, but my watercooling gear is on the slow boat from Germany. At this rate I doubt it'll be here by September... :waah: That, plus I'm not a fan of your newer cases so the prizes don't appeal to me...

On a positive note, I've always been a fan of the ATC201/Praetorian line of cases. Simple and classy, none of that flashy cheap plastic crap. Keep them in your product lineup! :thumb:

Last edited: 26 Jul 2004