1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Pelxi?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Skotter, 8 Aug 2004.

1. Skotter

Skotter What's a Dremel?

I'm going to consturct a box out of plexi and angle aluminum, and i was wondering what the best product would be to attach the plexi to the aluminum, without being completely ugly. My planning stages are almost complete, and I'm going to start a project log soon. Thanks

:dremel: Mod On

Skotter :rock:

2. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

double sided tape, rivits, bolts and screws (socket head my favorite). Adhesives will not work most of the time, not strong enough for this application.

Good Luck... tries tape with divergence, did not work so I went with color matched rivits and it came out nice... :D

3. DickH

DickH What's a Dremel?

any problems with the plexi cracking?

4. Skotter

Skotter What's a Dremel?

I was thinking bolts and nuts, the rounded bolt head on the outside?? Does that make sence? Opinons? favorite alluminum/plexi attaching tool? :thumb:

5. FILTHY1337

FILTHY1337 Senior Overclocker

this seems pretty stright foward try it if it dont work try something else, theres no phiscal reason not to use any device to secure it.

any problems with the plexi cracking?.........with rivits? nope as long as you use a long enough rivit, although i would advise against screws as you need to tap the hole

6. Xiachunyi

Xiachunyi What's a Dremel?

L-shaped plexi/metal brackets with screws and nuts would be my choice.