1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disaster solder irons are hot :s

Discussion in 'Modding' started by kidron, 3 May 2004.

1. ConKbot of Doom

ConKbot of Doom Minimodder

I hate that feeling of the water in you skin boiling as you get burned. It is just creepy.

I havn't had any signifigant events with the soldering iron other than dropping it on the carpet and grabbing the barrel to get it up quick.

2. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

soldering GUN not Iron, myself at 12, anda model boat.

Basically i didn't realize quite how hot soldering guns could get back then and burned my figer with it.

BTW the woldering gun was rated at 145 Watts

3. splinter_cell

splinter_cell What's a Dremel?

first time i burned myself on a soldering iron i was 8. i found it in the basement and i didnt know what it was, so i plugged it in. it didnt seem to do anything so i left it, plugged in for about an hour, when i came back i picked it up by the tip, dropped it real quick but i had to go to the hospital for it.

my most recent burn was from leaving it on my thumbnail for about 2 minutes, its a really interesting color, it doesnt hurt but still smells bad after 3 days.

4. Emon

Emon What's a Dremel?

Haha, I remember at school a few months ago, I was soldering some electronics for part of a robot, and I set the soldering iron on a table and this unsuspecting sophomore stuck his whole hand right on it, you know how you lean on a table with your palm? He screamed...

5. splinter_cell

splinter_cell What's a Dremel?

did he scream like a little girl :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

6. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

ahh, soldering iron burns, how i think they are WEAK,

get this i burned my self on the stove element when it was glowing orange i have no hair theire anymore, it was just below big nuckle on my hand across 4 fingers. it got all inflammed and filled with puss. it hurt for like 10hrs with ice on it and then i had to be careful so i didn't burst the blisters.

but still soldering iron burns hurt, and that will teach that sophomore that soldering irons are very hot.

7. Sunny-D

Sunny-D What's a Dremel?

man, all the stories.

dude, i got a soldering iron a while ago and havent had the chance to solder anything yet, seeing as i havent had the funds for any projects up to now. but, seeing as its summer, im gonna have alot more free time. also, emon, where in the us are you? im in NY. dumb sophomore, lol. he'll think twice before even going near a soldering iron let alone use one. i once burned my index finger print off when i was like 7. i was in the car and waiting for my mom to come out of the house and pushed the cig lighter in. it didnt appear to do anything, so i pulled it out and touched it. :wallbash: OUCH. i burned a spiral in my finger that lasted for 4 months. the finger looks fine now.

8. Omnipotence

Omnipotence What's a Dremel?

Hehe. I was using my soldering iron a few months ago when I accidentally picked up the wrong end. I pushed my thumb right onto the hot edge. It took me a few seconds to register what had happened. I couldn't feeling the burning straight away, but I could hear and smell it :eek:

I think the worst part about it was knowing that in about 30 seconds time I was in for a bit of pain. That I was! It hurt like nothing else. I probably should have seen a doctor or soemthing because it took well over a month to heal. I've got my fingprint back now though :)

9. cogitoergosum

cogitoergosum What's a Dremel?

Soldering iron burns are nothing, nothing at all compared to what i've done!

Lets see, at about seven, I was ironing a shirt and somehow smashed the side of my hand against the iron and burnt it terribly. I don't iron clothes anymore.

Most recently. I burnt myself with a propane blow torch. OUCH! That was a very bad one!

10. TheQuickerFkerUppr

TheQuickerFkerUppr What's a Dremel?

Ouch, One time I grabbed the soldering iron with my entire hand without thinking, damn did that stink :duh:

Last edited: 11 Aug 2004