1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hot Hot Hot Northbridge!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Der Me!$ter, 22 Dec 2003.

1. Der Me!$ter

Der Me!$ter What's a Dremel?

As I always rely on MBM, PCProbe and Bios temps to give me temperature measurements I never really saw a problem with my Nforce2 northbridge. Today I opened up my case and touched it coincidentially... It was extremely hot :confused: ! I can't keep my hand on it for too long, feels like ~50°C! MBM, PCProbe and Bios temps are all equal at around 25°C average (which seems a little low) so I am thinking that these are pretty inaccurate. I am using the stock passiv heatsink of my A7N8X Deluxe and the PC is overclocked. Has anyone else expierienced this problem? Should I w/c the chip?

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

wc is a bit excessive if you dont have the accompanying setup. If you do - go for it, otherwise just whack a fan on it or something.

3. ouija

ouija Trust me, I am doctor!

4. TheQuickerFkerUppr

TheQuickerFkerUppr What's a Dremel?

5. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

Just whack a 80/92/120mm fan over it on a zalman bracket. Any airflow is better than nothing. You'll be surprised how little you need to keep it cool as well....