Minor Shuttle MOD

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by zero002021, 14 Aug 2004.

1. zero002021

zero002021 What's a Dremel?

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Currently trying to change the cases color scheme. Here is the Shuttle in its current state:

[​IMG]

I am currently re-painting the case cover black and changing the face plate from white bg/blue strip to silver bg/black stripe. I ruined my floppy drive by trying to paint it black (this is my first PC mod, hopefully I'll learn from my mistakes). I ordered a black floppy drive and blue cold cathode for the window which I am awaiting. I'll get some more pics up as soon as I make any changes.

2. ¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ?

¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ? What's a Dremel?

every thing starts little and don't worry you will ruin stuff, my bro's CD-RW drive won't burn anymore but will read CD's,

no matter how small it is still a mod

3. fuzzygoblin

fuzzygoblin What's a Dremel?

Welcome to the modding comunity, hope the case works out well cant say its my cup of tea and the window looks to be pretty dodgy, but for a first mod i can expect it to be crappy.

Good luck

4. fohkus

fohkus What's a Dremel?

all u gotta do is get a piece of sandpaper, sanding block, and sand ur edges of ur window and it'll be straight. Doesn't take too long too

5. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

Good start. Btw here is a tip when you want to paint parts such as floppys or cd roms. You should take the bezels apart then paint em in pices then reasemble the drive bezels. Its not too hard to do.

Btw here is an idea but not really my style. You can order another cathode and mount it under the shuttle if it has feet. this will give you a underglow effect.

6. Cereal

Cereal What's a Dremel?

good luck with this, keep us updated!

7. zero002021

The can of spray paint I had was pretty lousy and the case looked terrible after painting, so I am going to try repainting it. I'll hopefully have a few pics up within the next day or so.

8. Atarax

Atarax What's a Dremel?

your first mod will always be the one to be most proud of -- good luck

9. TomboyMS

TomboyMS What's a Dremel?

Hmmm...

If you have to use bolts on your window, try getting some that are more attractive. That would help the looks of your case a lot. Not criticizing your work, but you will get better with practice. Congrats on your first mod.

10. zero002021

Here are a few new pics with the current status of the project:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am using a Thermaltake Noise Activated Cold Cathode I ordered from NewEgg.com. The thing wouldn't fit right at first, so I cut off the plastic edges with the sticky paper on them. Now the tube is a perfect fit.

11. ¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ?

¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ? What's a Dremel?

ya like if you got some of the "Hex nut" bolts and had them placed around the whole window in a symetrical way it would look so cool, other than that mod looks like it is going good

12. Miirk

Miirk What's a Dremel?

If I were you I would mount the window on the outside of the case using some rubber grommets or something as spacers. This would give the computer even more fresh air, and it also looks better.. but hey that´s just me! :)

13. zero002021

Im almost done with this mod. Im hoping to finish by the end of the weekend. I just did some work on the front face plate. I just need to paint the edges black to go with the cover (which still needs to be painted). Im hoping to do all the painting tomorrow.

[​IMG]

14. bullfrog

bullfrog What's a Dremel?

looking good. Dont worry it gets easier after a while. Im also busy on my case now, also my first case. Check it out in my sig.

15. zero002021

89% finished. Thats after first coat and some sanding. I still need to paint the edges of the front panel and finish painting the cover. Should have been done by now but had some personal stuff to take care of.

[​IMG]