1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Needed!! Urgent!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by clark.2004, 15 Aug 2004.

1. clark.2004

clark.2004 What's a Dremel?

i hav just got my AMD K6 Rig up n runnin and wanted sum overclocking software on it so i downloaded sum off my other comi and was going to plug the harddrive off the K6 into it to transfer the files over. I slaved it n connected it up then my computer came up with this message :duh: :

NVIDIA BOOTAGENT, PXE - 2.0 (BUILD 082 V1.82)
    Copyright (c) 2001 Nvidia Corparation
    Copyright (c) 1997-200 Intel Corparation
    PXE-E61: EXITING BOOT AGENT.
    DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER

How can i stop this message coming up (it even sez it with no hard drive connected to the mobo) iv looked in bios and cant figure wat it is. Any1 any ideas thanks :confused:

2. coorz

coorz Miffed

Turn off network boot, or 'other' boot options in your BIOS. And check your HDD for correct jumper settings, preferably CS (Cable Select)

3. Monster63385

Monster63385 What's a Dremel?

all that message means that its either not detecting the boot hard drive or not seeing the boot files on the boot drive. I think your jumpers are set wrong and all you need to do is make sure that you have a master and a slave set up. if you do have it jumpered correctly try putting the hard drive you want as a slave on the second ide channel by itself.

4. clark.2004

It even does it with the other hard drive took off (i no the jumpers are correct in my master hard drive iv checked that) N ive turned off the network thing off still says insert boot disk :grr: really really annoyin as i hav to cum to my friends to post this lol :grr:

5. FuzzyOne

FuzzyOne

Disable the onboard network adapter

6. clark.2004

But if i disable the onboard lan thingi will i still be able use broadband?? N where is it in bios i cant seem to find it

7. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Ummm... is there a floppy in the drive? That sounds like there's a non-bootable floppy in a floppy drive.

8. coorz

coorz Miffed

Your onboard NIC has nothing to do with your problem, disabling it is useless as it's the single most usefull thing you need (internet?).
    The problem is that your HDD's are not recognized, so check/swap IDE cables and re-check jumpers on the HDD's.
    Try them in another PC and see if they are not defective.
    And if you indeed left a non-bootable floppy in your drive, someone should smack you real good :D

9. clark.2004

I checked jumpers there fine i will havto chek my hard drive in my sisters computer. My computter doesnt hav a floppy drive even attatched and never has (and yes floppy seek is disabled). Wat is NIC? :sigh:

10. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

NIC = Network Interface Card (or, in your case, the onboard Network adapter).

Check the IDE cables, are they plugged in correctly in the mobo? Also, go into Bios Setup and let bios auto-detect the HDDs and see what it comes up with.

11. rob_65

rob_65 What's a Dremel?

Disable it temporarily to transfer the files.

I think the hard disk has become shafted somehow

12. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

buy an external housing that plugs in via usb, hey its £20 but incredibly usefull i use mine to hot swap files rom comp to comp at home as im not on the network!

13. dead_man

dead_man Confucious say: WTF???

had the same problem, check all your cables and jumpers, and reset the CMOS. took me 2hours 2 fix the problem but i lost 240gb of data in the process. but thats was my raid poochin.

also change ur IDE cables

14. clark.2004

Tried that wi no success i will format my computer tonight and if that dunt work ill be very pissed off. Any more ideas? :( :waah:

15. clark.2004

I have now formatted my hard drive installed windows and still hav had no succes :eeek: some1s gotta no wats wrong with the dam thing Please more help is needed im getting withdrawl simptoms :duh: :wallbash: :waah:

16. riluve

riluve What's a Dremel?

I know you have checked your jumpers, but re-check them and re-check them again. If the HD works on another computer, try a different IDE cable, make sure your HD is getting enough power (try another PSU, make sure the plug is seating properly), and look at every single setting on every page of your BIOS (make sure some IDE controller is not turned off the HD is in the Boot sequence etc).

Disabling the NIC (network card) in the BIOS will not effect anything after you boot, the OS will still find it and initialize it, if you have a driver for it. The reason people are mentioning your NIC is the error message you showed at first indicates that your BIOS was trying to boot from the network.

When you go into set-up, does the BIOS find your HD? If the HD is not showing up in BIOS set-up, I would disconnect and disable everything on the system and move the drive around to different connections.

One last thing - what make of BIOS is this? sounds like Phoenix, but I am just guessing from the behavior you have mentioned.

17. riluve

riluve What's a Dremel?

Of course a USB key / stick is good for this as well. Format it with WIN98 and you can boot to it.

18. clark.2004

My BIOS is Phoenix, I have unplugged n pluged my hard drive bak in ten times. Ive disabled NIC but now it only comes up with Enter boot disk. (I repaired my windows and hav managed to get into windows this is how im writing this) but wen i restart the same message will cum up and ill hav to repair windows agen just to get in. :jawdrop: So that means my hard drive must be in correctly or i wouldn't be able to write this lol. God dam it wats wrong with my gay computer!! :miffed:

19. dead_man

dead_man Confucious say: WTF???

did u unplug the bios battery and drain all power? coz then u should be able to start from scratch,

20. clark.2004

No but i have reset C-mos twice whitch didn't work :sigh: