1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics El tape and El panal inverter

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Rekarp, 24 Aug 2004.

1. Rekarp

Rekarp What's a Dremel?

I bought a Xenix keyboard the other day hoping it would have some el wire in it that i could change to the color green. Well upon opening it i find it uses an El panal. :duh: Well el panal is very expensive so im wondering if i can use el tape and wire it to the inverter all ready in the board. I need about 4 stripes that are 15 inchs long which in totel is 6 feet. I could run these parallel to each other then connect it to the inverter. But im just wondering if the inverter will work. I have a multimeter but I dint know that to test for. If this is in the wrong forum plz move it.

2. Rekarp

Rekarp What's a Dremel?

this is what i want to do
    [​IMG]
    black- ground
    red- positive

Could the inverter in my backlit keyboard light up the el tape like this??
    the el panal it supplys right now is the same size of the keyboard. I just dont know if the inverter can power the el tape. If not will this power them?Inverter Plz help :sigh:

3. v2hja

v2hja What's a Dremel?

saw once mod
    there there was el wire in a keyboard
    it melted thru keyboard :idea:

4. TheAnimus

TheAnimus Banned

need to know the specs of the invertor (ie model number + google, or if its a custom board post the details) and the requirments of the EL tape.