1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: My Room and Everything in it [UPDATED: JAN 5]

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by NzC, 6 Aug 2004.

1. NOMIS

NOMIS What's a Dremel?

Golly, it took me like AGES to read this thread, on 56k all these pictures :eek:

Anyway, this is a wicked mod, can't wait to see more updates mate!

2. endorphin

endorphin What's a Dremel?

I bought wallmounted shelves in the same design as the "cube" you bought.. modded them too, but thats another story :> Ill have to warn you tho, be careful with the glassdoor, if it breaks, it REALLY breaks, like thousands of tiny shards... Don't ask me how I found out :wallbash:

3. NzC

NzC What's a Dremel?

Will have to be careful.

ANOTHER UPDATE!!

[​IMG]
    This is a shot looking into the bottom of the case. It is hard to see, but I have the intake fan blowing over the RAM into the CPU cooler. The blower is on the other side.

[​IMG]
    This is the top of the case. You can see the power strip in here. Right now It is just powering the PSU and the HUB on the back of the case (USB: this PC has some more external stuff...printer. etc. so I needed to have some external ports.) The optical drive and HDD are also mounted in the 5 1/4" drive cage that I ripped out of an old case. My multi card reader is underneath those drives.

[​IMG]
    The back of the drives. IDE DVD+RW and a SATA HDD.

[​IMG]
    This is the back of the case. Mounted temporarily with DUCT TAPE (<--gotta love it!)

[​IMG]
    This is my work space (actually very clean compared to before!)

[​IMG]
    I went to target yesterday to pick these modular cubes up for my bedstand. Its perfect.

[​IMG]
    This is the charging station that I mentioned a while back. It is completely hidden when the door is closed.

[​IMG]
    This is where my bed is now. I mounted the shelving thing that I got a WHILE ago. Then the 2 ikea lights on either side. And my mom wants me to get another one of those bedstand things for the other side :thumb: You can also see the pictures I hung. Love photography.

[​IMG]
    Here is my desk area :eeek: Still a mess!

[​IMG]
    I have my blacklight and pinspot on the top of the shelves out of the way.

[​IMG]
    And this is what the pinspot is for! :D :hip: :rock: :D

[​IMG]
    And lastly the clothing hook and 2 paper trays mounted. We shall see what this is actually used for when I get to the organization part.

Thats it for today. I just need to wire the 25 pin port port on my second PC and wire the console for. That will mean the PCs are "finished" (for now :naughty: )

More stuff to do: Finish and paint the console (black)
    ORGANIZE!
    WIRE MANAGEMENT!
    More fun stuff, plus:

I have a cool idea. I want to get this system to control all of my lights in my room (need $$$) But has anyone seen this is a brand other than Radio Shack?? :rolleyes: Thanks!

Will be back with more in a day or 2!

Peace,
    Nick

4. ¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ?

¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ? What's a Dremel?

looking good, ha ha ha, i like the disco ball

5. Halgy3000

Halgy3000 Minimodder

Check out Smart Home. I bought a bunch of stuff from them to do lighting and such. They even have remotes and computer control. It's pretty awsome if you have money to do it. Or consider just going straight X10. They tend to be cheaper on some stuff.

6. ReFredzRate

ReFredzRate Relix Headshot!!

Looks a lot cleaner already!

7. hilmana

hilmana What's a Dremel?

its all comin togeather well done
    but i agree that u still need ALOT of cleening to go
    and i really like the way you bed space is comin
    (wish i had the $$$$$$$$ to do soemthing like that)
    well done
    and keep on :dremel: :dremel: :dremel: :dremel: :dremel: :dremel:

8. Rooney

Rooney What's a Dremel?

Those modular cubes are teh w1n!

Perhaps you should take out all the important stuff and then chuck a grenade of five in? Seriously messy room dude... :eek:

Rock on. :rock:

9. SJH

SJH Minimodder

This is a fantastic idea. I need to do a similar thing at some point. Keep up the good work :thumb:

10. jinxnate

jinxnate What's a Dremel?

this is making me want to clean my room now :wallbash:

11. nizon

nizon What's a Dremel?

Wicked, I need a desk in my room for all my computer stuffs

Time for me to jump on the awesomewagon...
    Subscribe();

12. DrPepper

DrPepper What's a Dremel?

What would you guys do without IKEA?hehe a nice store right? Personal i just ****ing love it ;)

13. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

Looking very nice dude, I like the idea about the cabinets, and the console idea is awesome, good luck with all the cable manegement!

14. NzC

NzC What's a Dremel?

Another update. The first part of the project is done (mainly because of school), so the project will be slowing down, but I will still be updating with small jobs done. My room is all back together and pretty damn neat (will be neater when I get the new furniture). The new furniture will be x-mas present, so will have to wait a little while. Its gonna look so tight with it tho.

Onto the pics:

[​IMG]
    This is can be plugged into the console port of PC one(first one done) (the only one that will ever be disconnected from the console. It is just a bypass for the fans allowing them to be at 12V when the PC is on. Then there is a power button connected to turn it on.

[​IMG]
    Not too much to see, but the room together so here is the bed with the other cubes (my dad got them for me randomly one day).

[​IMG]
    The desk area (neat). You can see both PCs finished.

[​IMG]
    This is my minor modding station.

And for a sloppily put together view of my room from the door: LINK

The console is not quite finshed. Have to add the mounting brackets and paint it black. I also have to put in the LEDs for the second PC. I had some it but they exploded (incorrect wiring...12V on a 2V LED=LOUD noise and a BAD smell :wallbash: :wallbash: ). I also need to get the PWR/RST switch working. My DFI mainboard doesnt seem to just switch to ground like most...I will also be installing a new keyswitch cuz this one busted. And when i get money I will be making all of the mess of wiring (i will take a pic someday) a little neater with some self made (proto-type) PCBs. So still a lot of work to do, but a major step has been made.

Peace,
    Nick

15. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

**imagines that room with white carpet** :rock:

16. livelife46290

livelife46290 What's a Dremel?

Hey the picture of your bed with the cubes beside each side of it....what is that blue thing on the left hand side...cuz i want to know what it is and where i can get one! It looks awesome! (I mean your room btw)

Edit: Yes....i understand he talks about it in an earlier post but he doesnt say where or how he got/made it....thats what i would like to know.

Last edited: 12 Sep 2004
  17. pillow

pillow What's a Dremel?

look in the earlier post he talks about it. :duh:

18. 731|\|37

731|\|37 ESD Engineer in Training

agggghhhhh that desk would kill me with no foot room :grr:

but the rest of it looks very nice, id say sweedish esque ;~} nice job

19. Zion

Zion What's a Dremel?

good job on the inprovemets, are you going to do any thing eles?

20. NzC

NzC What's a Dremel?

Please read this post.

Probably, not sure what yet. First if you read my last update you will see that i said I have some stuff to finish, but if you mean other than that: I will be modding my laptop pieces somehow. Dont know what i am doing yet though.

Peace,
    Nick