Maplin sees the light!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Fly, 10 Apr 2002.

1. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

Big exclusive news from the BiT-Tech Maplin insider... Ever wondered why Maplin doesn't stock Overclocking and Modding parts? Well...things are about to change!!! Soon you will be able to buy many of your fave bits from your local Maplin. I had a long chat with our buyer and he was excited to tell me about a few of the items that are going to available. Amongst the items that mappers are going to stock is a Golden Cool Watercooling Kit, I never believed I'd see the day!!! Some of the other items to be stocked: Desktop CoolerMaster cases, Enermax Power supplies, Akasa PaxMate sound deadening materials, CM Temperature controlled fans, all the Lian-Li facias and front I/O ports and the Zalman Flower Heatsinks....in total over 100 extra lines of stock. As maplin is in the early stages of it's overclocking and Modding life the range is going to be growing slowly so dont expect all stores to have everything straight away but also don't be afraid to ask your local Maplin manager to order the stuff in for you!

Post here what you think and suggestions!!!

2. Will

Will Beware the judderman...

Good news :D but the prices best be good, cos some of the hardware I've seen for sale in Maplins was on the extortionate side of pricey..my local branch wanted £11 for a blue orb cooler, where as from a computer fair I can get it for £4 ;) it could have been a pricing error though.

Still good news though :)

3. PhsyCon

PhsyCon What's a Dremel?

In my opinion Maplins are pretty over priced anyway....
    There are some offers which are pretty cool, but in general you can go elsewhere and get stuff cheaper...:grr:

4. Alaric

Alaric code assassin

f they get cathodes which are protect and can be shipped without breakages only slightly more expensive than b4 i'd kiss em :D

but great stuff there fly :D
    liani fascias sounds interesting to me ;)

5. eaterofpies

eaterofpies What's a Dremel?

wonder if maplin will start stocking rheostats again? n ideas ne one?

6. Tim S

Tim S OG

It's certainly good news Fly, its just a case of whether they are going to be offered at a competitive price...

Its good to see that they can see there is a market there though, now all they need to do is get the cathodes shipped online without the breakage problem, and things will be looking l33t for maplin! :D

7. GunDam

GunDam Minimodder

Yeah ... that all sounds good... B U T ..... when are maplin ever gonna keep their 'simpler' things in stock *cough* Bl00 LED *cough* :sigh:

8. ChenZen

ChenZen Minimodder

gundam, every maplin i been to had bloo LEDs in stock. !!

i suggest they stock "Mini Cold Cathodes" aswell as the normal big ones at similar prices to the big ones, becus £20 at coolcasemods.com ... is extortion ..... and stop complaining about prices.... u shud be happy that they are readily available (almost). most modding stuff u gotta order online, but with maplins its just a walk down to city centre. u know wht i mean ....

btw Fly .... are they reducing price of CM ATC201 aswell , becus they gonna be replaced too, if yes, please give me code for that.

9. [GiB] Spawny

[GiB] Spawny Xqpack Lovin

Would like to see the Golden Cool Water-cooling Kit for my section. We have been asked about water cooling kits on many occasions and would point them in this direction if they are any good?

Online codes would be great as I don't have a Maplins shop in Guernsey :cries:

10. GunDam

GunDam Minimodder

I guess ppl in the west midlands are Bl00 LED fretish, coz my B'ham and Coventry stores have been out for at least a month :cries:

11. Gordy

Gordy Evil Teddy

pop in and ask them to order some for you and they will ring u in two days when they are in :)

They never have any in stock in bristol or cardiff :(

12. dizzy_g

dizzy_g What's a Dremel?

€ pricing???

Just wondering if they would do an Irish site with € pricing cos generally they kick azz wif their prices over here!!! or at leat have dual pricing in both £'s ad €'s

:D Petes suck!!!:D

Perhaps its too much to ask!

13. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

if they are going to stock delta fans then they neeeeeeed to stock the whole range (that includes the 110CFM 92mm one) as most, if not all of the UK retailers have 60's, 80's and now 120's but not the 92's

14. davidtan

davidtan What's a Dremel?

they need to get the 4mm rubber grommets back in. why did they discontinue them?

15. SpikeyJake

SpikeyJake What's a Dremel?

Does not really bother me . I live in york and nearst store is about 30 - 45 mins away . I just dont get the time to go . I would be willing to pay a bit more for coldcathodes , if they started selling then over the web again . hint hint

16. GunDam

GunDam Minimodder

Try Farnell they have free delievery :D but minimum orders of £10