1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding What NOT to do after spending $5,000

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Malvolio, 28 Aug 2004.

1. Xgamer

Xgamer What's a Dremel?

I dont see why you care.

2. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Where in the hell do you get off? I've got nothing against this guy personaly, so don't even start on that, and the only reasion I made a comment on it is purely because he came off as if "Oh, I spent so much on my computer, it rux0rz your's, and it's a complete mod!!!1!11." Thats what pisses me off. These stupid bloody mod kiddies who throw some bl00 light in and call it a mod. I never stated his computer itself sucks, hell compared to some people's systems it's damn good, but the point is he boasts about it as if he's got something to prove. I wouldn't personaly have a problem if he actualy put some physical work into it. And I didn't bring up the bit about the case mod section on his site, but if you look in his guest book a few posts come off as if he made them, and yet he failed to object to them. I mearly backed up what other people had said with proof. It's called making an arguement and backing it up with facts. And no, being proud of a computer is not a crime, hell if it was I know most of us bit-techer's would be in jail. Again, what I have a problem with is his high and mighty attitude. You put my system down and say you spent $3000 more on your rig without even seeing what I have done, and then I turn arround and find out your a ****ing premoder, that pisses me off.

"You have an issue? Here's a tissue."

3. funkymunky

funkymunky Guest

Hey so what if its his 3rd thread?
    He has a good a point as any of us, so what if the guy told a white lie? you'll get over it. At the end of the day we know ourselves (the bit tech community) that the guy is obviously up his own ass and the computer obviously didnt cost $5000. But getting into an argument like this is unacceptable especially as this is a computer forum and not a boxing ring or a place to slag someone off. If you feel it is then you shouldnt be part of this community, at the end of the day were here to show off what we can do and become almost like a family, we share ideas, and we look at other bit-techers marvals. Not slag each other off in a huge ring.

Its just not right, and plus its too damn early to be doing this!!
    So please have a little think about it, and stop the arguing, especially before a Mod comes in and you get banned and the thread closed???

4. Providence

Providence What's a Dremel?

Post count means absolutely nothing. If I rejoined and created a new name and this was my FIRST POST it would mean nothing, since I still would have read the forums for as long as I have.

That said, I agree with robohead. Relax guys. Look back THREE years ago and price what he has. It would be a lot more expensive. That CRTs highest resolution is 1600x1200 with an 85mhz refresh. Yeah sure, its a measely $250 now, but 3 years ago? ~$400-500. It's a 19". If you store buy everything he has (Klipsh 5.1, monitors, computer) it might not be $5k but its going into the thousands. He most likely overexagerrated, I mean lets face it, the only people who spend $5k are Alienware kiddies.

My point is, there is no reason to get into a huge mobscene over this trivial guy. I think we're all of the same opinion that this person is most likely trying to show off. QUIETLY LET HIM DO IT. Have you ever enjoyed a moment of satisfaction?? You beat him at his own game without even playing. Just let him brag and boast, you KNOW your **** is better than his.

I'm tired of seeing forums around the internet clogged with trolls about this same exact topic. Bit-tech is better than this. Let's drop it.

5. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

agreed

6. _Robohead_

_Robohead_ What's a Dremel?

Ok, maybe I came off a bit harsh. But, judging from the info in your first post, I saw nothing that showed a "high and mighty attitude" on his part. It looked to me as if you were attacking somebody simply because his computer wasn't as 'leet' as yours and/or he spent an obscene amount of $ on it. And then after looking at his website, I noticed you signed his guestbook and yes, the last words you wrote in it were "You're computer sucks!" (your message has since been removed from his guestbook). So, even though I don't know the guy, I felt an attack was uncalled for. But hey, maybe I misinterpreted your intentions. If so, I apologize.

I haven't posted much, but I've been reading the bit-tech forums for just over a year. I only recently got around to registering so that I can post and start a work-log I was planning. However, my 3rd post has managed to get me banned from further posting. I don't really see how I deserved bannishment as I was only stating an opinion, but oh well. I'm certainly not a troll and I don't go around flaunting my opinion often. I do regret doing so now. As Providence said "Bit-tech is better than this".

Carry on.

7. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Indeed it is, and I do beleive you arent allowed to Re-register afterwards. :nono: And besides that, most bans arent permanent, unless stated otherwise. :/

Now that its Monday Malfoleo, did you grill the guy or not? :D

8. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Yep, it is monday (err, well tuesday depending up on where you are) and I just got off work. The verdict is: I couldn't find the bugger! I think it was his bloody day off or something, anyway, I'll track this sucka down another day!

9. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I'm sorry, but getting banned was a bit harsh in my opinion. You did not phrase your opinion very delicately, perhaps, but neither have other people at some time or other. :eyebrow:

10. Kingston

Kingston What's a Dremel?

Wow banned for that?

Anyways I agree with him. And your the one that goes around with a 'your computer sucks' sticker on your briefcase. I mean arent you just as proud as him. Give your computer another 2 years and im sure it will suck too. The truth is not everyone is like us and has the lastest and greatest most people did pay over 2000 for there computer and it probably is a few years old.

On another note most people dont like you calling there stuff crap. They payed for it and were either ripped off or thought it was a far deal. Either case I dont like when someone would point to me and laugh that i got ripped of (i mean if being ripped off isnt enough)

Anyways the point is you came on this site and made a thread about how crappy this guys computer is. He cant even defend himself.

But I agree there are a-holes like that but next time you have something to say to him just say it to him. Let your argument/discussion be between you and him.

11. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

I dont think baning him was fair even tho it corssed my mind to be honest. But the thing that most likely happened is that moderators look at newcomers as objectively as possible. Then they form an opinion of the person. In his case they had no opinion and he did seem harsh so they baned him to send a message to him. Hell I have deserved a good baning myself when I first joined the forums as I let my emotions and opinions be conveyed to loudly and maybe maliciously and as a result I was talked to by the moderators. I guess I got lucky and i was never baned.

The moral of the story is that watch out for the feelings of the bit-tech family members, especialy of the elders.

12. Exigent

Exigent What's a Dremel?

1) The fact that you even HAVE a sticker like that is cocky. Period.

2) I see nowhere on his website where he states he paid $5000.00 for it. So thats hearsay.

3) From what I can tell his computer DOESN'T suck. It may not be "U[3e[2", or better than yours for all that matters- but christs sake, whats it matter? Its a nice rig.

4) From what I can tell (from what you've said) he didnt claim a total mod. All I read is he assembled his as well.

To me, youre the cocky instigator here. Sure, he has a premodded case with some blue ccfls and bio grills on it, but does that give you right to talk smack?

IMO no.

Your sticker is wrong, cocky and IMO inappropriate for a workplace. But obviously my workplace is on a more professional level??

Ban away..... :worried: