1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Mod for water cooling?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Bboy_Jon, 8 Sep 2004.

1. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

ok well im not sure whether to post this in modding since it has to do with w/c but whatever

what could i do with this cd holder thang

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

i can make some water cooling thing. Its just about the same size as my case. What i want to do is put the holder under my case to hold it up

I want to put a 80mm grill over each section, top, sides, and the other side (11 grills haha) so itll still keep cool if i close the thing.

Theres enough room for the pump and the t line. For the heatercore and fan to fit ill have to remove a section and mount the heatercore slanted. heres some pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this is how ill set it up

[​IMG]
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

since its under my case it would be alot nicer to cut 2 holes in the top of the cd holder (for the tubes to go through) and then 2 holes through the bottom of my case, but i dont wanna cut a hole in my case

the problem with that is that the tube that goes from the other end of the cpu water block (or vga block whichever goes to the radiator) will have to be really long, would it all work?

another draw back would be moving the case. Id have to carry both the rack and the case so that kinda sucks, but ya its an idea i just wanna play around and kill that cd holder haha

btw sorry for such a long/big post

ehh i probly wont do this but its a thought, i just wanna mod somethin

what else could i do with that cd rack thing

2. malcs

malcs oops! i put a hole in the ***** :(

wtf is up with the feet? some wierd image copy protection? "omg its mine.. look. theres my feet"

3. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

lol no, i was in a rush haha why cant m feet be in my pics?

4. Exigent

Exigent What's a Dremel?

Dont waste that much time/money on fans. I suggest 3 in front for intake, 3 in rear for exhaust. Thats plenty.

5. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

? imnot having any fans except the one on the radiator, the rest is just GRILLS for air flow

6. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

i have an idea

ill get some quick disconnect things!

so if i have to move my case i just disconnect and i dont have to bring the holder

7. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

quick disconnects are only good for 1/4" and otherwise are expensive! I suggest brass valves.

8. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

ya only place ive seen em is xoxide and there about 20 bucks, and there for 3/8

ok well im gonna go ahead and mod the thing (ill take off a grill from my computer and start cutting away)

i doubt ill use it though, but if it looks good ill go ahead and buy all the grills and use it