1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Me Choose which Lian Li v series!

Discussion in 'Modding' started by f U z ! o N, 12 Sep 2004.

?

which case

1. meshy front with no door

53.3%
  2. case with door and no mesh

46.7%
  1. f U z ! o N

f U z ! o N What's a Dremel?

Last edited: 12 Sep 2004
  2. f U z ! o N

please tell me why you voted for what you did

3. Audigy

Audigy What's a Dremel?

i chose without door, doors get annoying after a while

4. NOMIS

NOMIS What's a Dremel?

The door version looks nice and clean, but I also like the mesh. I would get annoyed with having to open a door all the time personally.

Up to you though :)

5. lasoaaro

lasoaaro What's a Dremel?

My question to all of you's is Why would you waste your money on a Case? It's A CASE! So you drop $300+ on it cuz it says Lian Li...wow It's A LABEL...They Charge You For The LABEL not For the Case...It's Like Clothing, It Has A Label, They Jack The Price Up..Ever Look At Calvin Klein Clothes And All? You Can Get The Same Clothing Pretty Much Anywhere Else For Cheaper, But 'Cause It Has A Label They Jack The Price Up...Frankly I Think You're F***in' Stupid To Pay $300 For A Case That You're Gunn F*** Up Anyway So Why Not Buy A Cheaper Case, Add The Mesh And S*!t And Mod It Up...Use Your Head And Not Your Ego... Oh Wow, I Got A Lian Li Case..I'm So Cool..What's It Show, You're Willing To Drop $300+ on A Case?! For That $300 You Could Go Get Something Nice, Like A Decent Watercooling System... Be Smart...It's Just A Label.

Later...

6. Slayer the Unholy

Slayer the Unholy What's a Dremel?

I like the door version because its clean, I don't like mesh. If you ever decided you didn't want the door o it you could always just take it off :dremel:

7. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

The mesh one because its more mac ish and it looks a lil more like a pc than a fridge.

On another note GOD DAM those things are expensive. They better include a hooker with the case for a price like that. :eeek:

8. f U z ! o N

well i dont care about a label LOL.

Last edited: 12 Sep 2004
  9. monkeyboy_zak

monkeyboy_zak What's a Dremel?

Lian-Li cases are very well build, they know what they are doing.

I like the door, I dont like the mesh.

10. NOMIS

NOMIS What's a Dremel?

And also the fact that they are one of the best made cases out of everybody, top quality IMO.

11. Rekarp

Rekarp What's a Dremel?

i agree with lasoaaro

those cases arent worth the money imo

so what they made well i havent had a case fall apart on me yet :eyebrow:

12. f U z ! o N

thats not the reason i like them. i like the layout and the "uniqueness" of the case. i asked for which one was better not whether it was worth it or not

13. user0001

user0001 What's a Dremel?

I agree that cases are not worth that much money. Sure these two are aluminum, but even $100+? Ouch! Personally, when I see Lian Li cases I instantly think: "Hey look! Another rich boy who buys overpriced cases!" Harsh yes, but to me a case is a case. Of course I am used to budget cases (free after rebate type) and I had a hard time clicking submit for my $58 Impression IM-21 Black case. Too much for just a case IMO. Find a knock-off brand case that looks the same (hard to do for the V1000, V2000 though) and save a bundle. In fact, I dont see why any modder would buy a Lian Li case for its "looks" or "uniqueness". Modders make their own looks, their own touches to add uniqueness. Layout is the only thing Lian Li has going for them (but only on the inverted cases - not on all the other cases they sell).

But since you asked, I would opt for the mesh one as doors are very annoying. Take them off? I dont think Lian Li intended for the door to be taken off and still look good.

14. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Look guys, you make your choice, and you pay your price, OK? Lian-Li makes good quality cases, but you have to pay for them (You don't want to know what I paid for a Coolermaster ATC S4000 recently. But that case oozes build quality, and everytime I handle it or look at it, it's a joy).

As with everything, some people want basic functionality, and don't care for the extras. Some people want the best they can get, and don't mind paying for it. Each to their own, dude, each to their own.

As for The Choice: both are basically good cases but the V1000 offers (much) better airflow. The V2100A, on the other hand, offers a cleaner look and thus more of a "blank canvas" to mod from. You could do some interesting things with the door (replace with transparent plexi? Laser-cut out a section? Put in modder's mesh?). However, be prepared to cut fan holes in it if you're thinking of watercooling.

15. f U z ! o N

nexxo i couldn't have said it better myself. the cases just has so much beauty and potential to me. and it will be heavily modded too :) and how does the v1000 have better airflow since its smaller?? :confused:
    and also about price. i can get the v2000 with the MESH front for $245 US and the door is $289 so i am leaning more toward the non door. heck, i could probably make my own door
    and as far as quality, i once owned a coolermaster wavemaster. BEST case i ever had. sure, it was smaller than my chieftec dragon but the build quality was amazing. you could sit on that case it was so strong unlike the chieftec which would have broke

16. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

meshy one just becuase it actually looks nice and no door means no drunken accidents (yeh typical student comment i know)

17. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

an outburst like that does have a point yes, but it essentially screams one thing "i dont like it because i cant afford it". That's pretty much the same argument as saying that whatever is crap because of the cost but... Lian-Lis are nearly worth the price. If they dropped the prices a good 20% or so i would have bought one, but seeing as how i'm cheap, i went with a stock dragon. Why? The kind of Lian-Li i want is baseline 200 - not that i cant afford it, just that i dont feel like paying that.

18. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Basically, its entire front is a grille. The bottom of the bezel provides relatively unconstricted airflow for the 120mm fan behind it; the rest provides circulation of air through convection (to some extent). The front 120mm fan of the V2100 however, (like its smaller brother, the V1100) has to draw its air from a slit in the bottom of the bezel, at a 90 degree angle, as can be seen on the following pictures from Overclockercafe.com:

http://www.overclockercafe.com/Reviews/cases/Lian_Li_PC-V1100/pics/1029.jpg

http://www.overclockercafe.com/Reviews/cases/Lian_Li_PC-V1100/pics/1030.jpg

This has to restrict airflow just a bit. For more info, read Overclockercafe's review.

19. chrono

chrono What's a Dremel?

I accidently voted for no door ^^;;

Go with the one with the door. You could do some neat stuff with that :)

20. f U z ! o N