My first REAL Mod with Pics! Side window design ideas!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by jasonmason, 5 Sep 2004.

1. jasonmason

jasonmason What's a Dremel?

Ok, i decided to start a mod on my Generic Lil' Comp case. I know i've started a bunch of projects in the past and pretty much deserted them but this one i plan to finish.

This is the case ill be modding:

[​IMG]

Dirty Fan: :p

[​IMG]

I am planning a Blow Hole in the top panel, as you can see there is just enough room to squeeze it between the PSU and Optical drives:

[​IMG]

The Beautiful side panel just waiting to be modded:

[​IMG]

I guess you can sorta see the simple window design:

[​IMG]

I started the cut a few minutes ago but it started raining and my cut-off wheels kept breaking so i decided to quit till it stopped raining:

[​IMG]

Suggestions on things i could do to it would be apprieciated. its a Mid-sized case so i cant fit a whole lot of stuff in there but i think it has great modding potential.

Next Update:

Small Update:

I got the window cut today, thought i post a pic of it, ill cut the top blowhole sometime this evening or tomorrow, just thought I make this short update.

Edit: Im not quite sure what color paint im going to use, maybe ill paint the inside red and outside black, or the other way around.. :twisted:

[​IMG]

Next next Update:

Ok, update time :) Its not a very big one, but an update none the less..

I fixed the side panel a bit:

[​IMG]

cut the blowhole: (its a little rough now, ill smooth it out some more later, or find a kickass grille to hide my errors :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thats it for now, i may cut a design on the right side panel but that im not sure on :) Ill have to practice first on an old side panel, i really dont wanna **** this one up.

Ill prolly get some paint tomorrow or sometime this weekend and update it, that is if im done cutting all im going to cut. :)

Comments welcome :)

Last edited: 12 Sep 2004
  2. Xgamer

Xgamer What's a Dremel?

Looks good so far, put in a big 120 mm intake fan in the front.

3. ¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ?

¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ? What's a Dremel?

yeaaah agree'd on the 120mm intake :D

4. ReFredzRate

ReFredzRate Relix Headshot!!

Err... clean the fan? :eyebrow:

Are you still going to smoothen out the 'handle' in the side panel, or will it stay like this?

5. TheSchumi

TheSchumi What's a Dremel?

Wow, the modded fan looks great :hehe:

6. Aa-chan

Aa-chan AA-CHAN

My parents have a similar case and that's what their fans look like ;) . Good start with the window and the blowhole though :dremel: .

7. NoodleNogin

NoodleNogin What's a Dremel?

There's potential here. Give us a sketch of your planned mods.
    You're in desperate need of a paint job.

Good luck :thumb:

8. -Enforcer-5716M4

-Enforcer-5716M4 What's a Dremel?

May I suggest that you use a rubber tile around the hole since it became a little jagged.....
    [​IMG]

BTW: Hope it turns out well :thumb:

9. jasonmason

Thanks for the replies, I don't think i can fit in a 120mm Blowhole because the case is so small, my PSU and Optical drives would be in the way :(

Lol about the fan, i dont think ill be using that fan, i just posted it for the hell of it :)

I may stick a piece of rubber around the blowhole, but its actually not that rough, i slipped slightly on the dremel and it scratched the paint off...

I'll make another update soon, if i decide im not going to cut anymore ill probably paint it soon.

10. jasonmason

ill be looking for a design to cut into the right side window soon. Some sort of tribal design that catches my eye. Ill have it lit up with a color that i think will fit teh design. will post pics of a design i choose soon...