1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Case Painting :: Chieftec

Discussion in 'Modding' started by ChenZen, 12 Apr 2002.

1. ChenZen

ChenZen Minimodder

whats the best way to paint the front bezel of the chieftec dragon, the grill part inforn of fans. spray doesnt get into the little places.

im no good with brush but if its the best way, i will give it a try, any particular paint i shud use, keep in mind i used vinyl dye for rest of the bezel.

happy moddin......

2. Pico

Pico What's a Dremel?

it the front off. then paint it :D

3. ChenZen

ChenZen Minimodder

17 views .. one reply.. c'mon ppl.... Grumpy. how u do ures ?

4. OneSeventeen

OneSeventeen Oooh Shiny!

I was going to suggest Vinyl dye, but I guess that wouldn't help. I'm not sure what the front bezel looks like, but my only other reccomendation would be to spray it, and whatever it doesn't get in, immediately use a small sponge brush to push the paint into, then spray another quick coat over the still wet paint.

Just an Idea! I'm no master painter by a long shot.

Hope you can get it done, and post some pics soon!

-OneSeventeen

GoAhead

5. Armitage

Armitage What's a Dremel?

well, I did it the obvious way.... painted it inside out.

Means, I turned it around and painted the grill part from the backside, now everthing is smooth and nice. The paintjob got fux0red in other parts, tough...

6. linear

linear Minimodder

Lots of light coats from several directions, and you'll get it all covered eventually. Vinyl dye is great for that because you can recoat in a few minutes.

Here's my monitor grillwork, I just walked around and did light coats from north, south, east end west:

[​IMG]

7. Grump

Grump The Mad Modder

Sorry, ZzZaAkK, I just saw this thread. I'm so new to modding that I forget that the Chieftec is just another Antec.

Linear is right, just go at it from all directions. I used regular paint, not vinyl dye, but I'm sure it's the same. I also got some in from the backside.

Grump

8. ChenZen

ChenZen Minimodder

cheers for all that, i done it today from the backside + all angles. and it looks mint....

now its sold. never got chance to take pics, but i sold it to my neighbour so maybe when i get my cam back i shud post pics of my case.

started my new case CM ATC201 .. seen as they got soo cheap, i had to buy one.