1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding New project, new suggestions!

Discussion in 'Modding' started by ::Dawg::, 15 Apr 2002.

1. ::Dawg::

::Dawg:: What's a Dremel?

I have a Lian Li PC-70 Aluminum case with front USB that I just inherited. I want to do some cool mods to it but am wondering what I should do. Any suggestions from you guys or links on what could be done would be great!

The case:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Shivoa

Shivoa What's a Dremel?

Nice case (I went for a PC60 myself but if you need the space...) and there are a load of worthwhile mods.

First check out the exhaust holes on the back of the case. They need cutting to let air get out. Personally I like the clean look so I just completely removed them and added a finger guard (I've always liked finger guards even tho' they add a bit of noise from turbulence. Still compared to the old finger guards they will reduce noise)

Then the front intakes could be moded (although I kept mine as they are, for aethetics): pics

That FDD that you never use. This mod is cool: moder post at [H] | moder post at Bit-Tech

Of course that side panel is just begging for a window. If you can try to be original and move the window thing on. Nice variations are custom etches and installing some devices in the side (say a CPU temp monitor output - if people are going to look at the window they'll be able to be wowed my your low CPU temp)

And to show off that new window you should really install some sort of lighting. I like my diffused while and blue LEDs that can really work well in a case but most will go for the other lighting methods like cold cathode.

And finally, if you want a real challenge, then go for a home made water cooling system. The case has the room for it.