1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

computer not powering up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fartonmyear, 20 Sep 2004.

1. fartonmyear

fartonmyear What's a Dremel?

i installed a new 9800pro and i played tribes and when i quit tribes my computer just shut down. when i try to start my computer up again the fans spin for a fraction of a second, but nothing else. i've tried taking out the GPU and the same thing happens. i've tried taking out the GPU and the same thing happens. i've replaced the PSU and still the same thing happens. what's going on?

2. kill_me_quick

kill_me_quick Big and Blue

Just check any other cards in the computer, ie pci cards as these are probably not seated properly.

3. Kingskin

Kingskin What's a Dremel?

did you replace the PSU with a decent one or was the original one good? If not and youve checked and double checked all your connections id try a decent PSU, i just had a similar problem which was fixed with a 480w Antec TrueBlue (which replaced a £9 ebuyer lump of turd).

4. fartonmyear

fartonmyear What's a Dremel?

ok here's an update. i thought it was the PSU so i got a antex 550W, plenty of power. THAT didn't work. so i got a new motherboard ABIT VT7 PT880. i stuck that in. started it up and it worked fine. when i restarted, nothing displayed on the monitor.

5. [Tom]

[Tom] Minimodder

Reseat the RAM, that should sort the graphics out

6. craig

craig What's a Dremel?

have you plug the power connector into the graphics card?