1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Like 3 little Fonzies...

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 24 Sep 2004.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. Finsta

Finsta What's a Dremel?

Hurray! A new opinionated article :D

3. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Hurray! A new column :D

4. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Nice article, could anyone link me to these NFS:U PSP shots?

5. -Xp-

-Xp- Minimodder

http://www.gamespot.com/psp/driving/needforspeedunderground/

I found this in under 15 seconds. C'mon mate, Google is your friend ;).

As for the article, agreed. But I do think there is a pressure on us to buy the best hardware out there for the latest games. I'd love to see a few really good games appear with killer gameplay that don't need a 6800 Ultra Extreme to run above 30fps.

6. fastbullit

fastbullit What's a Dremel?

7. Balder

Balder Calmer than a monk on morphine

Nice read, as usuall!
    I can agree that the inovation part of tech has flatten out, but as long as preformance is rising I am happy (now give my synaps :D )

\\Balder

8. Hepath

Hepath Minimodder

Well not one to dodge to the issue... I'm afraid the article was just stating a truism for me: hardware pace has slackened, games are good and the consumer has become complacent. Nothing really contentious at all!

I'm guessing my point here is that the hardware industry have been playing catch up to the gaming industry for so long that we've become complacent. For a long time we have assumed that our next upgrade is for a piece of hardware (processor, memory or normally a new GFX Card) rather than looking for the next good game. It would seem that this trend is finally reversing. So if hardware is beating games what do we whinge about now? 'Playability! Yup the old buzzword is back.

Sure, new hardware is on the horizon and PSX3 and XBOX2 are coming - but hang on is this a good thing. Last I heard the Xbox is not backwards compatible with the previous games. I don't see this a forward step, just a blatant marketing ploy with a lack of consumer respect... Maybe that's where the next battle to be fought.

Lets face it no mater how good things are for us…… there's always something to criticise or someone to moan about! Life would just be just, oh so dull!

Tags: Add Tags