1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Ghetto Modding

Discussion in 'Modding' started by [Tom], 27 Sep 2004.

1. [Tom]

[Tom] Minimodder

I apologise if I am missing the point....but I keep seeing things that people are calling ghetto and it just seems like an excuse for rubbish workmanship. I am no 'Mod God', but I at least try to make things look good/tidy/professional. Does anyone else agree with me on this one?

2. Ubermich

Ubermich He did it!

3. WILD9

WILD9 Been here aaaaages

yeah i agree, ghetto used to be mostly used to describe decent mods done on the cheap , that bin being a decent example. Now days its used almost exclusively by people who can't be arsed to put in the effort to do it properly.

4. JimmytheCow

JimmytheCow What's a Dremel?

Afrotechmods.com has REAL ghetto stuff. its funny as all heck

5. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

noooo.... Ubermich, i was just going out to buy a garbage can to put my dell pentium 3 into. that was my idea :) oh well

6. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

im all about ghetto mods. and it doesnt really have anything to do with being lazy, its more to do with lack of money, time, and having a 4 year old running about. and being in school. at age 32. and looking for a job most days. and cooking for a family of 4. and cleaning.

so ive got a 120mm fan in the front of my case, held in with 2 twist ties from wonder bread bags. it'll look nice when i get a real weekend off to fabricate a proper bracket out of 3 of my drive blanks, but i just dont have a way to do it well yet, and i dont wanna screw em up, incase i wanna move the fan later. case came with 6, and i need the other 3 to stay virgin, cause i might actually stealth teh drives eventually, or like i said, move the fan somewhere else.

7. Ubermich

Ubermich He did it!

heh, yeahhhh, my friend and I did that like 3 years ago. :lol:

8. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

I dont think it has to be an excuse for lazy modding. If infact your going for that look (or that low budget) and the concept is thought out its fine. I think a ghetto mod that's cool is when people use those huge car radiators that are the size of the pc, Thats pretty ghetto but hey it works