1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding This is my ship Neo...The Nebuchadnezzar

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Morpheon, 3 Oct 2004.

1. Morpheon

Morpheon What's a Dremel?

Its coming...

After much and careful thought on how to build my debut mod I have chosen my theme...

I have a really awesome system now...the only Toshiba Infinia (model 7201) I have ever seen completely modded out and I would venture to say its the fastest watercooled Infinia 7201 on the planet...I have kept her under wraps and thats where she will stay...and she has been around a while...I had blue neon inside and blue led fans waaaaay before you could buy either :)

But I dont like to brag...I just want to let you guys I know I been in the mod crowd for a long time...a grass roots modder who stayed quietly in his basement surfing, learning, and modding.

I have been watching all of you and your mentors: Piloux, Nexxo, and ZapWizard for years now...

I am ready for my new mod...With my own you unique ideas BUT I am going to strive to implement the aesthetics of Piloux, the ingenuity of ZapWizard (thanks to his guides :) ) and all with the grace that is Nexxo.

I have all the admiration in the world for all who have ever posted here and I could not have made it here without each of you...similarly I will not finish without you and bit-tech either so my hope is you will like what you see...

A few hints

Well, we know the theme...but there will be no green envolved :) BUT it will not be made to look like the Neb ship itself...I'll leave it at that for now

No phasechange....not worth it for my Athlon 64 (woops!!) but it will be TEC cooled/watercooled complete with two pumps, 2 res, the NEW Little river waterblock "Storm G4", and various monitoring components: psi, flow rate, and water temp. And finally a 120.3 (triple length) rad with 6 120s in a push pull system all shrouded.

A complete automatic AND manual control system with software interface for fans and emegency shutdown. These circuits are already complete and functional.

It will be tall but not too tall.

SLi...nahh but pci-e for sure....pci-e has not matured yet but it will

5" to 7" LCD, maybe touchscreen

Dual 16x DVD-+R / 8x DVD+R DL DVD burners

and I will probably use one of these....
    :dremel:

Well that is all for now...most everything is already purchased...plans drawn, colors of both the case (truly unique I think !!!) and lighting color (more unique in the implentation then color I guess) are chosen

heres the bad news

STARTING JANUARY 3rd 2005

but it will be promptly on that date and it will be great to have you on the journey with me..

Thank you Bit-tech for this venue and all it has offered to the world...(or our little nerdy world of computer modification :hip: )

Its coming....

Morpheon

Last edited: 3 Oct 2004
  2. Bilbo Fraggins

Bilbo Fraggins What's a Dremel?

pics dont work, or you dont have any...

3. Morpheon

read the thread...I know pics are manditory but I simply cannot show them yet... the mod starts on the date stated...I know this thread will be lost to the latter pages soon but this is just a mission statement / project started thread...ALL IDEAS ARE WELCOME

Morpheon

4. ajack

ajack rox

It's spelled "nebuchadnezzar" iirc

5. *Butterkneter*

*Butterkneter* What's a Dremel?

Come back, if you have something to show . . .

6. Morpheon

Thanks....I found about THREE spellings for it AND two were from encyclopedias!! :sigh: :clap:

M.

7. Acid Burn

Acid Burn ..look but don't touch..

man this sounds like it's going to become one of the BIG mods (not in size)! I'm really looking forward to see how it turnes out :) can you give us a hint of the unique color?

Good luck!

8. Morpheon

Hey THANKS :clap:

Yes it is going to be big... I really want it to have the quality of the big guys here, namely piloux

Well the color huh....I really dont want to give it up yet as 2005 is a long way away and some one could take the idea really quick, which they can with my blessings, after i do it first :cooldude: ....similar to what happened to all the rust cases that popped up every where after the HL2 mods...

THanks for the positive outlook Acid!! I knew that the people here would be positive despite my lack of pics (and there will be a lot too I promise)

M.

9. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

wrong forum mate, this isnt a project log yet
    please thoroughly read the project log rules if you are unlclear
    when this does turn in to a project log feel free to PM me and i will move it back

10. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

You're making me blush now... :blush: But it sure sounds intriguing! I'll be keeping an eye out...

11. theagent

theagent What's a Dremel?

can you show us any of the plans?

12. ConKbot of Doom

ConKbot of Doom Minimodder

at least scrawling on napkins? :D

13. Ubermich

Ubermich He did it!

You don't? Then what was that?

And no offense to Piloux, Nexxo, or ZapWizard, as they have all done amazing things that I wouldn't even TRY to say I would ever hold a stick to, BUT to say they are the mentors here, to me at least, seems like you're suggesting they are the early ones here. If you're going to suggest that you're "grassroots" and that you've been hiding in the basement, try Macroman (Macro Black), Koolvin (Vapo-Li), and older... Even Linear was around doing awesome stuff with plexy before Piloux, Nexxo, or Zap showed up on these boards (though I think ZapWizard signed up sometime very near Linear's plexy cube... feel free to correct any of this).
    So, while Piloux, Nexxo, and ZapWizard are all awesome and have done awesome things that is not to say they are the only top-dogs here, or that they are the sole mentors here. I'd like to think that we're all learning from each other, and that people do still look to the past every now and then...

I really hope Piloux, Nexxo, and ZapWizard do not take offense to this post, but I also think it's important to make clear that they are not the first, will not be the last, and are not the only mod-gods around.

14. Morphine

Morphine weeee!

macroman's macroblack is what got me into modding. plain and simple

15. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

Likewise :thumb: