1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

um hard disk problems guys!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by windowsjunkie, 17 Oct 2004.

1. windowsjunkie

windowsjunkie What's a Dremel?

i had a faulty 80gb hard disk seagate barracuda (i think) so i backed up to a new hard disk, and well low level formatted the old one again it seemed fine then parititoned it.

Later on l like 2 weeks later it began eating up my files i was shocked but lucky files were backed to my new 160gb seagate hard disk.
    So i ran the seagate diagnostics test and it was still faulty well had dodgy partition, C (windows parition) drive was fine the other 2 i don't know why that happened again after a low level format as well.

The new hard disk also got tested C drive passed on tht and the other partition well the 160gb is actually formatted 130 something gb, 20gb for windows rest for all my files so its like 108gb for my files etc....
    Well that passed but with inconsistencies so i unplugged the other 80gb disk that was "faulty" incase that is ruining my new disk too. They are both Seagate barracuda drives but i dnt understand why i got the inconsistencies. With the new disk i just hope it does not get worse as i can't backup my data, all the time and can't afford to keep buying new disks.

My computer is performing better without the 80gb disc i had it nearly a year, when i first got it, it was working perfectly fine like in the last month, it was formatted into 5 paritions by myself the first time i got it and worked fine then i ran seagate diag a month ago and it reported errors on 3/5 partitions.

So i low level formatted when data got backed up and then made c drive then 2 other partitions and now today the other 2 came up as faulty so i unplugged the disc.
    I dont understand how this is happening! and it reports my new disc's second parition with inconsistencies and also with the old hard disk, in my music folder a few tracks went missing well at least 3 that i noticed!!! and pc crashed and froze quite a lot, and things like media player when playing a song, would finish the song start over the song from the start, play 10 secs then start again and finish properly. I have used hot cpu tester etc... cpu is fine also tested my ram both of those are fine so now i begin to suspect, my motherboard.

When i first bought my new hard disk drive, when installing it into my pc couldn't install xp kept getting blue screen giving some acpi error, and my motherboard not supporting it, so i booted back with my old disk updated bios and it was ok the xp cd kept saying bios does not fullly support it both disks are almost identical except 1 is 80gb and the other is 160gb.

oh and you know when u press windows key and L it just switches user well lets me log out and in fast i just logout of my account to lock my pc when logging back there is lots of hard disk activity, and windows gets sometimes low on virtual memory, even though i ain't logged into any other user accounts. I hpe you can help me tried to write sentences lol! :naughty:

Thank you in Advance :thumb:
    Faisal

Last edited: 19 Oct 2004
  2. windowsjunkie

um is anyone awake yet lol!!!!

3. Stompy

Stompy What's a Dremel?

Ever heard of a full stop?

4. windowsjunkie

um wtf is a fullstop and wots it got to do with hard disks!!!

5. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

I dont understand what you're saying, you need paragraphing and full stop in your sentences so that we can understand it better. Its a bit confusing what you are trying to say!

6. windowsjunkie

oh ok sorry :sigh: i just type really fast and don't bother much with punctuation. Um shall i retype it all?

7. TMM

TMM Modder

yes, that would be great. (or just edit it and add fullstops :idea: )

8. windowsjunkie

i hope that has helped sorry once again for my punctuation.

9. windowsjunkie

um can someone please help please i need a urgent response.
    Really don't know what to do.

10. windowsjunkie

um is there any sign of intellegent life out there? lol!!! :rock:

11. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

Maybe if you gave us a link to your old problem, that might help?

12. windowsjunkie

13. scoob8000

scoob8000 Wheres my plasma cutter?

full stop = .

14. windowsjunkie

please guys be serious i really need your help. :waah: please i really worried as i don't know what to do can't afford to lose all my data.

15. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

We would help you if we knew what your problem was... Please just give us a nice, coherent essay and we'll probably be able to help you. :)

16. windowsjunkie

ok then i will do that later argh you guys remind me of my english teacher. :eeek: lol i will type it when i get back from cousins house. and do all my homework.

17. windowsjunkie

just 4 u guys scroll right to the top i wrote it all out again please help me i don't know what to do, i don't wanna go out and buy uneccesary parts if they are not needed. and here is the hot cpu results about my processor.

Hot CPU Tester Pro(Lite Edition) 4.2.0
    Copyright © 1999-2003 7Byte Computers
    Tuesday, October 19, 2004 - 05:54:07
    Diagnostic Report
    ---------------------------------------------
    Test Started at: 22:52:20
    Test Duration: 06:00:00
    Physical Processors Available: 1
    Logical Processors Available: 1
    Multi-Processors System(SMP): Not Available
    Hyper-Threading Technology: Not Available
    CPU Name String: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1700+
    Speed: 1473MHz
    Logical Processors Tested: CPU 0
    Average CPU(s) Performance: 100.0%

Modules Results:
    Complex Matrix: Finished without error
    Calculating Pi: Finished without error
    Sorting Algorithms: Finished without error
    Prime Test: Finished without error
    Fast Fourier Transforms:
    Chipset:
    L1 Cache:
    L2 Cache:
    Memory: Finished without error
    HD: Finished without error
    MMX: Finished without error
    SSE:
    SSE2:
    3DNow!:

18. windowsjunkie

k i noticed and forgot to mention even before i formatted on old hard disk i had same problem, when u click an internet eplorer windows and type in an address it does nothing it still works when u click something on my homepage weird i wonder why this is happening! obviously a motherboard or hardware problem of some sort.

19. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

You mean you type in a address and click go, and the site does not work?

20. windowsjunkie

ye that happens loads i don't know why sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't, and say i playing a track in media player and i set to repeat it will play ok, then start it over then play like 10 secs before starting the same song over again and playing it properly the 2nd time.