1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Student budget OC'd GFX

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by voodoo2k4, 24 Oct 2004.

1. Davedude

Davedude What's a Dremel?

I have a Built By ATI 9800pro with tweakmonster chrome bga ramsinks attached with AS Thermal Epoxy without vmods. The shim is removed for good contact with the gpu core and it overclocks very well for no vmods. I hit 480/380 with no problems. I am looking to sell, please contact me.
    AIM: OCingDave

Sorry if you already purchased one, I didn't read the whole thread :hip:

2. voodoo2k4

voodoo2k4 Ghetto Modder

UPDATE: Had to replace a faulty sempron in a customer build so needed to do an overnighter off eBuyer. Brought an IceQ as it was all eBuyer had in stock and well they just look sweet! Admitedly the cooling on it isnt as good as a later revision coolermaster but its still pretty good plus it comes with ram sinks fitted. More importantly it will be here tommorow!

Now what are the various ways of checking which core i have (on the off chance i can flash to XT) id rather not take off the heatsink, though i it doesnt have silver compound it would be a good idea to fit some. Any idea what compound it comes with lads??

Is omega the best bet for OC'ing it?

Exited!

deano.

3. Davedude

Davedude What's a Dremel?

I believe (Though it has been a long time since I was into soft modding 9800's and the site with all the info is gone) the XT flash is almost 100% success and it doesn't matter what core you have. I wasn't aware that 9800's ever shipped with the r360core. I flashed my card to a 128mb XT and tried several different bioses before I decided that it doesn't help performance AT ALL and I flashed back to a 9800pro bios.

Tags: